• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

acne from steroids

big bob

Hello was using sustanin 250 for a few months and at christmas i started get acne, chest and shoulders, shoulders are nearly cleared up, my chest is still bad, i havnt used in 6 months, iv recently gone to a docter and he prescribed me antibiotics, but after over a month not much difference, does anyone know of any solutions, or a good body wash at least? :mad:

Go bak, say the antibiotics dont work and ask for accutane. I noticed only get acne if Im not consistant with taking my adex. As soon as it levels back out in my blood the acne seems to go away.... Weird but thats just me, I get it on my face tho so its f*ckd but still I forget to take my adex.

I don't think you should get accutane when you haven't tried other less harsh methods yet. Have you had blood tests taken after your cycle? Acne from steroids are caused mainly by hormonal imbalances such as excess estrogen. You should visit your doctor to get bloods done and if estrogen is indeed high you could get some adex or letrozole to reduce estrogen. This should, in theory, help you with your acne. Just letting you know your options.

i got prescribed accutane like it was a bottle of water, just looked at my mild acne and said yeh alright if you have tried antibiotics this is the next step...and gave me a low dose script

vitmain b5, 10 grams a day, first few days have 5 grams, then up to 10 grams a day. My acne has cleared up really well.

Accutane as a last last resort....

Saw a dermatologist about acne (not from steroids) and basically it shuts down your body's ability to produce oils... fixes acne but can permanently screw other things up. Almost like you need a "PCT for your skin" post Accutane, to try and get it working properly. Remember your skin is your biggest organ!

I decided I would rather have the acne and manage it the best I could, rather than take Accutane...

This was more of a face routine, but some of it *might* help.
You could try Cetaphil wash both morning and night (also use it to moisturise), go to the doc and get Differin (for night) and Clindatech (a topical antibiotic use on breakout areas) and if they've got you on an acne pill (Tetracycline?) that's ok too.
Benzac AC wash in the shower in mornings (face only), maybe every second day. Just make sure you have white towels, as drying your face might discolour your towels...
And get some light sunscreen to apply in the morning too... Hamilton brand is cheap, dermatologist said that brand was fine.

Cetaphil and Benzac AC can get from anywhere, Priceline etc. I did this routine to get it to clear, heal, and then stopped the lot except the Cetaphil.

Roaccutane was the only thing that cleared my acne up. Normal side effects - dry skin, chapped lips, easily sunburnt etc. but other then that, 2 weeks after I stopped was back to normal, but with a hell of a lot loss acne.

Wish I did it years earlier instead of wasting 3-4 years trying other useless stuff.

Go and see a good dermatologist, if you're in brisbane I'd recommend Westside Dermatology - won't have to wait long and they're all awesome. I had Dr. Manoharan, good bloke.

Go and see a good dermatologist, if you're in brisbane I'd recommend Westside Dermatology - won't have to wait long and they're all awesome. I had Dr. Manoharan, good bloke.

Jackie Mcdonalds husband was my doctor, he's brisbane too.

Remember that TV show: It's a knockout?

Her sister was on the Boris Breakfast Club.

Roaccutane.

I had very bad acne as a teenager and this stuff was the only thing that worked.

Roaccutane was the only thing that cleared my acne up. Normal side effects - dry skin, chapped lips, easily sunburnt etc. but other then that, 2 weeks after I stopped was back to normal, but with a hell of a lot loss acne.

Wish I did it years earlier instead of wasting 3-4 years trying other useless stuff.

Roaccutane is one of the best

I agree with all of these posts i did 6 months on roacutane the side effects were harsh as hell already mentioned above plus i was sore for about a week or 2 all over but the results were absolutely incredible. I did this about 10 years ago dont waste your time and money on all the crap advertised on tv just goto a dermatologist and get proper advice.