• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eyesight going funny during training

canned tuna

Today during a pretty standard chest workout I felt light headed and my eyesight went funny... some parts just of out of the centre of focus were blurry and also some parts just weren't there at all.. I had to look at someone directly to see their face :confused:

Went back to normal about half an hour later, then had a killer headache

Has anyone had something like this? I might go see a doc

No pre-trainers

20 repper squats do this to me...2-3 mins but not for 30 mins!! Fuck that!
I get a sense of euphoria, prob coz on close to passing out lol...love it!!!

That sounds like a blood pressure issue. Are you holding your breath when performing the exercise?

It could well be a simple case of migraine headache coming on from to much time reading and has exposed itself on training day when you held your breath. There was a time I suffered from them because of to much computer usage at my old job. Ended up getting a stigmatism in my eye and needed to wear glasses for a year when reading from a computer etc.

If I were you I wouldn't worry to much, it is allot more comman than you think and if you generally feel OK than just back off from the high intensity for a week and less reading in general both books and computer.

If you are worried, see a doc, but I bet he will say the same thing mate.

I used to get this allot when I was maxing out on lifts, for me the problem was broken blood vessels in my eyes. Couldn't see properly for a good 2 hours after a workout. Check you're eyes when it happens if they are blood red than it could be this, if not then see a doc.

Yeah was a bit weird, different to the feeling you can get on heavy lifts... I'll get my annual checkup from the gp this weekend and ask about it anyway.
Don't think I was holding my breath during benchwork and wasn't lifting all that heavy either.
Checked my eyes at the time and there wasn't any red in them
Sounds like it could be blood pressure since I felt light headed