• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Swearing Fines

kaz

iLift
Can you see this happening in Australia? (I'd go broke)

Fines for public swearing

Date: June 13 2012

BOSTON. A Massachusetts town has voted to make the foul-mouthed pay fines for swearing in public.

At a meeting in Middleborough, residents voted 183-50 to approve a proposal from the police chief to impose a $US20 fine on public profanity.

Officials insist the proposal is not intended to censor casual or private conversations, but instead to crack down on loud, profanity-laden language used by teenagers and other young people in public.

The measure could raise questions about constitutional free speech rights, but state law does allow towns to enforce local laws that give police the power to arrest anyone who ''addresses another person with profane or obscene language'' in a public place.

Haha I'm prone to swearing all the years on building sites fucking corrupted me. Nothing funnier then catching yourself reffering to people as ****s in a meeting full of prim and proper suits.

Fcuk is my big word.
I constantly get corrected at work for swearing or suddenly find everyone around me starts saying the same words.
Every expression lately is "fcuk me dead".

I seriously go broke!

Fcuk is my big word.
I constantly get corrected at work for swearing or suddenly find everyone around me starts saying the same words.
Every expression lately is "fcuk me dead".

I seriously go broke!

Hehe mine is "fuck my life" whenever im shocked by something, or something doesnt go my way. See also the website with the same name ;)

im all for it... i personally do not swear at all, and im not a fan of hearing it either, so bring on the fines

This fine would raise at least 3 billion dollars in revenue in south-west Sydney alone.

Profanity is an offence in Australia. There's just not enough policemen or women in the world to cope with the workload Australia would bring lol

You're usually only fined if you're drunk and disorderly and abusing someone (or the cops) or involved in a domestic dispute when the police show up and you're unruly.

But my work colleague got fined for being drunk and talking and swearing loudly outside a pub - cop must have been having a shitty day and just stopped and fined him for profanity lol

It is an offence, just not often enforced. There's too much real crime going on to keep our boys and girls busy enough.

This is is not news, it has been an offense under the Summary Offences Act since 1988 in NSW, and probably before that under another Act, I think currently it's Section 4A 'offensive language' and is either a charge where you have up go to court or a substantial on the spot fine.

If you continue to swear I believe you can also be arrested and detained in police custody for continuation of offense.

And yes I did study some law in a past life :)

What sort of cock sucking **** would vote for such a fucking law? I mean...shit I thought laws were either about order or safety. That policy isn't targeted towards either.

It is centered around censorship. Fuck that.