PDA

View Full Version : Swearing Fines

kaz
13-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Can you see this happening in Australia? (I'd go broke)

Fines for public swearing

Date: June 13 2012

BOSTON. A Massachusetts town has voted to make the foul-mouthed pay fines for swearing in public.

At a meeting in Middleborough, residents voted 183-50 to approve a proposal from the police chief to impose a $US20 fine on public profanity.

Officials insist the proposal is not intended to censor casual or private conversations, but instead to crack down on loud, profanity-laden language used by teenagers and other young people in public.

The measure could raise questions about constitutional free speech rights, but state law does allow towns to enforce local laws that give police the power to arrest anyone who ''addresses another person with profane or obscene language'' in a public place.

Semillon
13-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Fuck that

Neddysmith
13-06-2012, 11:01 AM
would send me broke......

wingman
13-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Those ******s are fucking unreasonable ****s

Brick
13-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Haha I'm prone to swearing all the years on building sites fucking corrupted me. Nothing funnier then catching yourself reffering to people as ****s in a meeting full of prim and proper suits.

kaz
13-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Fcuk is my big word.
I constantly get corrected at work for swearing or suddenly find everyone around me starts saying the same words.
Every expression lately is "fcuk me dead".

I seriously go broke!

wingman
13-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Fcuk is my big word.
I constantly get corrected at work for swearing or suddenly find everyone around me starts saying the same words.
Every expression lately is "fcuk me dead".

I seriously go broke!

Hehe mine is "fuck my life" whenever im shocked by something, or something doesnt go my way. See also the website with the same name ;)

kaz
13-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Lol I love that website!

brendon
13-06-2012, 11:59 AM
im all for it... i personally do not swear at all, and im not a fan of hearing it either, so bring on the fines

KungFooGoo
13-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Hehe mine is "fuck my life" whenever im shocked by something, or something doesnt go my way. See also the website with the same name ;)

....i dont like how similar we are. I say that a lot as well

Eman
13-06-2012, 12:44 PM
This fine would raise at least 3 billion dollars in revenue in south-west Sydney alone.

Bella
13-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Profanity is an offence in Australia. There's just not enough policemen or women in the world to cope with the workload Australia would bring lol

You're usually only fined if you're drunk and disorderly and abusing someone (or the cops) or involved in a domestic dispute when the police show up and you're unruly.

But my work colleague got fined for being drunk and talking and swearing loudly outside a pub - cop must have been having a shitty day and just stopped and fined him for profanity lol

It is an offence, just not often enforced. There's too much real crime going on to keep our boys and girls busy enough.

Big Mick
13-06-2012, 01:44 PM
This is is not news, it has been an offense under the Summary Offences Act since 1988 in NSW, and probably before that under another Act, I think currently it's Section 4A 'offensive language' and is either a charge where you have up go to court or a substantial on the spot fine.

If you continue to swear I believe you can also be arrested and detained in police custody for continuation of offense.

And yes I did study some law in a past life :)

KungFooGoo
13-06-2012, 01:58 PM

Lol I love that website!

You two cats might also like www.dontevenreply.com (http://www.dontevenreply.com) then. It's a guy who just trolls people on craigs list.

nazzysmith
13-06-2012, 02:20 PM
You two cats might also like www.dontevenreply.com (http://www.dontevenreply.com) then. It's a guy who just trolls people on craigs list.

EPIC!!!

Only read a couple... The hockey one and the childrens story had me in stitches...

KungFooGoo
13-06-2012, 02:29 PM
EPIC!!!

Only read a couple... The hockey one and the childrens story had me in stitches...

Its fucking hilarious.... some had me looking away from the screen because i was laughing so much. The "best of" ones are genius.

Figjam Brah
13-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Fuck that, worst fucking idea, I've ever fucking heard.

callan
13-06-2012, 08:25 PM
well suck me off with a yabbie pump.... fuck that

kaz
13-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Fcuken lol!
E-mails from an Asshole (http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=93)

PowerBuilder
13-06-2012, 10:39 PM
What sort of cock sucking **** would vote for such a fucking law? I mean...shit I thought laws were either about order or safety. That policy isn't targeted towards either.

It is centered around censorship. Fuck that.

jamesyboi
14-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Demolition Man, movie started this.

Rambodian
14-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Yep as Bella and Big Mick said, it is an offense to swear in Aus already etc. My local paper has a list of those arrested in my small town, a couple of months ago a couple were arrested and charged for swearing outside the local primary school. Must of got dobbed in by the teachers LOL. Apparently they were having a big argument.

But again, it's one of those laws that rarely get enforced as there is usually no one to enforce it.

rino60
14-06-2012, 02:23 PM
When I'm working out, and am working with intensity toward the end of sets, I have been known to say 'fcuk my dirty mother', or variations on the theme.

Which is funny, cause my mother is a nice, respectable woman.

kaz
16-06-2012, 09:08 PM
When I am getting my knees wrapped for squats, I swear....a little.
When I step up to the mono and the person who was supposed to load plates onto the bar, has failed to do so on ONE side.... I swear alot!

oldcorollas
16-06-2012, 09:15 PM
is different when swearing at/with friends, than when you get abused by a teeny bopper stranger on the street?

so.. there's only about 200ppl in that town anyway? LOL

Admin
16-06-2012, 09:25 PM
$$$$ Ausbb will now be implementing a swearing fine system , anyone caught swearing will be fined $1 $$$$

wingman
16-06-2012, 09:31 PM
$$$$ Ausbb will now be implementing a swearing fine system , anyone caught swearing will be fined $1 $$$$

Get fucked :p

(not srs)

kaz
16-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh I like that idea! :)
New financial year, new budget for Ausbb.