• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Birds

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Anyone into birds ? what sort of birds do you have ? Cage or aviary

At the moment i have two canaries , but looking at getting a hand raised cockatiel

I love watching magpies, their cool birds.

I feed them when they come around, one digs a hole and buries his for later on.

I don't have birds, but I have a mad Uncle with an aviary. They live on property and Sophie and I go for 'family day' at least once a month to visit and chill out.

I spent most of my childhod on their property and they've always had birds.

When my mother died, I took the statue and bird bath out of the garden I had spent years building as a tranquil paradise for her to enjoy during her treatment and I gave them to my Uncle.

As you can see, they have taken pride of place in the garden (they live on over 10 acres) but the birds love to visit my mother's statue and bird bath...they frolic in there all day long. Which I know, would have made my mother, very happy :)

The last picture is a pic of my beautiful girl with one of my Uncles aviary birds - I think it's a parakeet? Not sure. There's 3 of them, 'Dahling', 'Sweetie' and "Cutiepie' - my Uncle calls them 'The Pointer Sisters' lolol

Sophie loves the birds :)

Last edited:
I have a cockatiel i caught about 10yrs ago and still happily sitting and singing in its cage, I also caught an indian ringneck and gave to my mum as she wanted to breed them, so she got a male and they laid eggs but they never hatched.......

We had an awesome cockatiel, was hand raised, super friendly. Would be out of the cage the majority of the time sitting on someones shoulder. Sadly it kicked the bucket after a few months.

I have 2 cockatiels - Bully and Baby - called this because it was how I came to describe them. My husband and I hand reared them from about 3 weeks.
2012-02-13192833.jpg

2012-02-13193028.jpg

2012-02-13192145.jpg

Also have 2 Bantam chooks. So cute!
They are about 6 weeks here

2012-02-05173328.jpg

my brother has a hand raised cockatiel name bert, well bertrice after we found out the he was laying eggs , loves getting scratched on the back of the head

so looking at cocktatiels which seem like a nice beginner bird eventually moving into grass parrots or something

My dad bred cockatiels for years, every type. Sold the lot and bought an Eclectus Parrot, its loud!
I've always wanted a black Cockatoo, I have an Orchid Shade house which can easily convert to a flight Avery. But $3k is alot of money for one bird!

was at the bird shop the other day and they had one of those Eclectus Parrot , damn nice bird then the thing screeched , shit that thing noise just went straight through ya , it was loud

My Nan has always had yellow canaries since she was 16, she's now 81 and just made the change to a budgie!

I have a yellow budgie called Pugsly. I caught him on my husbands birthday 3 years ago, he was starving and thirsty. He is the most wretched thing! Bites and schreeches..... I tried to let him go a few times by leaving the cage open but he never leaves! However he seems to have settled since moving in with the cockatiels. I can leave the cage open while the cockatiels are out and he stays put. Caged birds are unfit!

so update , i got a bird aviary in the middle of putting it together
going to put scarlett chested parrots in it
scarlettchestedparakeet.jpg

and want to get a conure parrot
logo%5B2%5D.jpg

i'm not really a fan of clipping wings

Not a fan either, my friends HR cockatiels flew out an open door, this thought scares me.

Your bird choices are awesome :)

Newest additions. 2 week old Hens. Unfortunately my foxes found my chook pen last week.

yne7a3yh.jpg

my caged canaries have laid there 2nd lot of eggs , laid some the other week but she abandoned them woke up the other morning with her sitting on another egg , now there is 4 of them

scarletts in the aviary are sitting on 5 eggs , and the bourke parrot has two

ok update from the first aviary , and in the middle of making a 2nd one for finches , the frame is up , just need to throw a rood the side and mesh on it

My sister has had a Cockatiel for the last 12yrs. Hand raised and very tame. Only goes in the cage at night and spends the rest of the day flying round the house - and shitting everywhere and chewing everything. It even walks all over the two dogs - a Staffy and a Shitsu Maltese. They don't even give it a 2nd look.

Had a girlfriend with a pet Galah. That thing was psycho - I should have seen the writing on the wall.

I love Magpies. At a hour last house we fed them for many years and saw all the chicks grow up. Hand fed many of them. There is a Kookaburra that I hand feed when I see him. Awesome bird.