• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does this image offend you?

kaz

iLift
It has offended many!

I'm a gun owner and have taken pics of friends holding my rifles and the feedback has always been of "excitement".

So why is it that these boys been strung up over a seemingly harmless image?

BAD boy swimmers Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk have apologised after arriving home to a storm of outrage sparked when they posed with high-powered weapons in a US gun shop.
3aa41de2-b3d0-bada.jpg

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

No, it doesn't offend however, I just don't get guns or the fascination that the yanks have with them

It ticks me off cause it reminds me John Howard took our guns away and left us defenceless.

Gun control = freedom control.

i can understand why it's offensive to many people.

guns are weapons. they are also not very subtle as weapons go.

so it's not hard to see how two lads finding them exciting to pose with can and will offend a section of the community. Particularly in australia where guns are viewed quite differently than they would be in the US.

if this were a couple of European olympians, you'd get a similar backlash in Europe from the community, although the media obviously has a big role to play, as you've pointed out already so it would be at a different level maybe.

I don't understand the hoo-haa!
Its not like they are sitting on top of an endangered animal that they just killed!

I guess maybe because pictures like this trivialise the weapon itself and make it look like a 'fun thing' or a 'cool thing' to have fun with. When it's not?

CCM is right, guns are a weapon. They're used to kill living things. The gravity of that, seems lost on many.

Sure there are people who are hunters and licensed to have weapons. But Australia is not like America (thank god) where guns are easier to buy than birth control and the cause of so many accidental deaths, used in stupidity/play, in the 'heat of the moment' or found by children and accidentally discharged, resulting in their own death, or the death of someone else.

I don't think guns are fun.
I don't think there's any place or use for them in mainstream society either.

But I don't find the picture itself offensive.

I think guns are retarded (except for sport)... but the image is fine, holding two shot guns is probably excessive, dude on left looks like he thinks his badarse lol.. They like like they are about to have some fun or just had some...

Are these blokes Aussie or Yanks?

I think guns are retarded (except for sport)... but the image is fine, holding two shot guns is probably excessive, dude on left looks like he thinks his badarse lol.. They like like they are about to have some fun or just had some...

Are these blokes Aussie or Yanks?

It's the Aussie swimmer Nick Darcy and his friend in America, foolin for the camera. I don't see anything wrong with the image, it's just a piss take on how easy it is to access weaponry in the States. They're just lads having a laugh.

Americans are onto a good thing with right to bear arms. Those two did nothing to deserve a reprimand, they certainly aren't trivialising the weapon. Its not like they are pointing them at each other or something.

Its pathetic as is the standard guns are bad attitude brain washed into australian citizens in the last decade. Fifty years ago kids were taught to shoot in school and we had less gun crime.

What I'm offended by is facebook.

Guns, whether we like it or not are part of our history.

This!
We will never escape!
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

When I visit my property I take my rifle not for any other reason than in the case I come across injured wildlife. Unfortunately, if you have to wait for police it can be a 3hr wait.

I guess maybe because pictures like this trivialise the weapon itself and make it look like a 'fun thing' or a 'cool thing' to have fun with. When it's not?

CCM is right, guns are a weapon. They're used to kill living things. The gravity of that, seems lost on many.

Sure there are people who are hunters and licensed to have weapons. But Australia is not like America (thank god) where guns are easier to buy than birth control and the cause of so many accidental deaths, used in stupidity/play, in the 'heat of the moment' or found by children and accidentally discharged, resulting in their own death, or the death of someone else.

I don't think guns are fun.
I don't think there's any place or use for them in mainstream society either.

But I don't find the picture itself offensive.

Have you ever even used one Bella?

Guns are fun, they are very fun and I grew up on a farm using them from a young boy. This deluded scare mongering of guns really has to stop, the only reason the Australian government took our guns away is because of the control factor, they can control an unarmed society much easier.

The reality is that guns are no worse than knives or any other weapon when used irresponsibly, it's not the gun that points and kills, it's the person behind it.

And before saying 'what about the kids that die from guns being left around' go and have a look at how many kids die from drinking bleach being left out.....it's a ridiculous argument.

THE PIC IS NOT OFFENSIVE, that's the reason the press is blasting it everywhere, so the deluded and scared can argue with the rational and sensible.

My wife was once like you Bella, than this year she decided to come and shoot a handgun at our local club..........Now she is like 'what is all the hubba baloo about?'
She was genuinely scared of them before shooting one, now she could care less and thinks the hype about guns is ridiculous.

And remember, crooks don't use registered guns, they use black market sourced weapons. And before you carry the argument that the more legal guns the more theft and black market weapons available, I call bull shit. I can source any weapon I want including machine guns and heavy weapons that have never been sold legally in this country EVER. It just so happens I know people who deal with this sort of stuff and can get literally anything I want, just depends what i would want to spend. Needless to say I wouldn't go there, but like I said, I could if I wanted and so could anyone with cash for that matter. It's similar to drugs, never sold legally but can be sourced at just about any party or night club.

Its pathetic as is the standard guns are bad attitude brain washed into australian citizens in the last decade. Fifty years ago kids were taught to shoot in school and we had less gun crime.

News flash it's not 1960 anymore. I just got back from the U.S and the amount of gun crime on the news every day blew me away, Australia is setting a standard that the rest of the world needs to follow

News flash it's not 1960 anymore. I just got back from the U.S and the amount of gun crime on the news every day blew me away, Australia is setting a standard that the rest of the world needs to follow

Watched the news here lately mate, seen how effective gun control is?

Only people that lost their guns were law abiding citizens.

My guns were stolen and recovered 2 weeks later and returned to me. They were in a police inspected safe inside a shipping container on my property.
The shit you go through to be a registered gun owner and the traceability of a weapon is amazing.
Black market guns are the reason why there are so many unsolved murders.

I fire mine off every time I head down the property or at the gun club. The crack echoes around the valley. Best sound in the world!

Btw... my gun club adjoins Belanglo State Forest....

typical media making a mountain out of nothing , i live in the country , while i don't own a gun myself , but i have gone out shooting many times not hunting wildlife but clay pigeon

these blokes posing with guns is nothing , who gives a stuff , if they were pointing them at each other or some other stupid thing like that it would be an issue , but this is nothing , media outlets get your hand off it