• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to make friends outside work, school etc

D1cko

Extra Large Member
So I moved to Perth 6 months ago, and a month after splitting with my girlfriend, I've realized I have only 1 friend in Perth...and he's FIFO too, and on the opposite swing! :(
I left all my friends up north, but I would like some company on RnR...

Any ideas??? I'm having a rough time at the moment so would appreciate helpful comments only thanks

Maybe check out PTC in perth here and there when you're down... Youll meet quite a few different guys with the same lifting interests as you and maybe some others in common... Other then that... Any other 'enthusiast' club would be a solid bet. You've probably thought about both those things but to be honest l dont think there's too many other options when your out of work / school.

You should come down to ptc on your perth week. Its not like normal gyms where ppl dont give a fuck about each other.

Didnt you say you played golf? Everyone has a beverage or two after a round, good way to meet people if you play at the right place.

I am in Perth too and have been for two years. But I haven't even got one friend LOL

I have a boyfriend and a cat... So I hope you have more success than me! Although boys are generally a lot easier to chat to and hang out with I find. So you might find some mates yet!

Although i might only find that because I work with so many of them...

you got to get out there and meet people D1cko...harder for you FIFO boys though I realise.

Look on gumtree classifieds, there's always people on there looking for friends to accompany them to concerts, dinners, drinks, different events.

A gym is a great way to meet like minded people, so PTC is a good idea!

Think of things you like to do and check out groups in your area? People get together for all sorts of weird and wonderful things ;)

Or go on a 'dating' site and put that you're looking for 'friends' only. My friend Donny did that and has a whole host of different people he now does social things with. (I think he also managed a few booty calls out of the deal too, but you know what I'm sayin!) :cool: lol

I have been hitting a site called Perth meetup. It's people who are in the same situations that are making events etc. for all people that want to meet others with the same interests. It worked really well for me but now I work to much so people are meeting up when I can't. But if you have the time google Perth meetup and have a look at the groups. Everyone is normal too which helps

It is hard to make friends outside of work for an adult, people are too busy to deal with the friends they have. Get amongst it mate social sport, car/bike club, volunteer(ses st johns) etc. Just get out there bang some chicks make some friends.

Gotta be plenty of good looking chicks at the park you can 'friend' when youv'e got your kids for the weekend.

Is it not also true that us adults are a lot
more 'cautious' about making new friends?

I've found this to be true in my own case.

I have very few friends that I hang with on
a regular basis.

Devante.

Thank you for the suggestions guys...will be looking at some sort of club etc..
Brick- love your suggestion mate!! the banging the chicks is not far away...muhahahaha

D1cko, I have found that making friends is not an easy thing to do. The reason is most people you meet and get on with will only be associates. Associates because they are generally only people you associate with when doing a certain things eg: Gym, Cars, like minded interests etc. But I have also realized that the only way to meet with people and see if a 'real' friendship is on the cards is by having those associations in the first place.

An example; I met my best mate whilst competing in trail bike racing, we were both into dirt bikes etc. 10yrs later we are still great mates and he still races and loves the dirt bikes. I don't ride anymore but we stayed in contact and catch up from time to time because of the association we had in the first place. We would also chill out/go out and just do shit sometimes, yet we actually have no associated interests anymore besides each others company.

Big prob for me now is he is a 6hr drive away, so I know how you feel mate. I have very few mates where I live atm (none really, just associates). Can be a bit of a downer at times, but I made a commitment to the missus and kids to be here for a while. That 'while' is nearly up and I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life as I have been allot lonelier than my wife etc.

So as others have said, the only real way to meet people is to go out and do things you love to do, this way you will have the associated 'mate-ship' involved with the people you meet along the way, and also generally and genuinely make new friends.

It's a funny thing about people today, there are more of us than ever before, yet we can be so alone at times.

If you are into motorcycles, Perth has arguably one of the largest / most organised motorcycle communities in Aus I believe: perthstreetbikes.com

Apart from that, the advice of others in this thread is pretty on the money... get out there and pursue your interests and you will meet like minded people.

If you are into motorcycles, Perth has arguably one of the largest / most organised motorcycle communities in Aus I believe: perthstreetbikes.com

Apart from that, the advice of others in this thread is pretty on the money... get out there and pursue your interests and you will meet like minded people.

Not just Aus, I'd say it's one of the most organised in the world. If you can avoid getting offended by the trolls, there's a great bunch of friendly, welcoming people on there.

Dude, heres how it works. Go out get shit faced rely on liquid courage to pick up your next boyfriend ;)...