• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tour de France 2012

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
With less than a month to go and Cadel taking stage 1 at Dauphine,Time to get a Tour de France 2012 thread going.

The route

Running from Saturday June 30th to Sunday July 22th 2012, the 99th Tour de France will be made up of 1 prologue and 20 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,479 kilometres.

These stages have the following profiles:

9 flat stages
4 medium mountain stages - one with a summit finish
5 mountain stages - two with a summit finish
2 individual time-trial stages
1 prologue
2 rest days
Tour de France 2012 - The Tour 2012

Over 100km of individual TT and only 3 summit finishes. Without a doubt, Bradley Wiggins has to be the major threat to Evans.

Also on tour related news...
Andy Shleck was awarded the 2010 crown a few days ago.

Videos : Play : Cycling Central on SBS

Would really like to see green edge get up there , first Aussie team , that'll get the world talking

sprint are going to be interesting with ex team mates renshaw and cavendish and goss going up against each other

so glad I'm not the only one here that loves the cycling, Admin.

this is one of the reasons why you are so fantastic :)

Also would love to see how Green Edge fares in their first Tour!
I've still got a soft spot for my Schleck boys though, despite backing Cadel.

Always one of those MUST WATCH sporting events of the year and SBS do a fantastic job with the coveragentheynshow.

i like watching the crew of sbs , they do it in a professional manner , but they come across as being just the average joe watching a sport they like , unlike say channel 7 with the AFL where it is all business

the tour is just days away , got me guide magazine yesterday with ups of the teams and stages
ready for the late nights

Hopefully Cadel can do it again.

I love watching the mountain stages. I also am amazed at the French scenery.

the cities/towns are really cloee knit , the roads are damn tight , and what cracks me up is how the fronts doors of the houses are right on the roads edge

the cities/towns are really cloee knit , the roads are damn tight , and what cracks me up is how the fronts doors of the houses are right on the roads edge

I love all the scenery as well. All part of the spectacle of the race. fantastic.

But haha the doors right on the road. Same deal in Italy. The roads are so narrow, i used to laugh taking the bus in my mum's city ... the bus driver takes the bus at break neck speed down these narrow streets. If you live there, it pays to know the timetable so you avoid popping out your front door at the wrong moment!! :eek:

For those who love the race, here's the route:

The Tour de France 2012 Official Route.

99th edition from June 30th to July 22nd 2012.
20 stages. 3,479 kilometers.
9 new stage towns. 9 flat stages. 5 mountain stages - two with a summit finish. 2 individual time-trial stages. 1 prologue.
+
4 promising intermediate mountain stages - one with a summit finish !
296328_244838488898871_726260298_n.jpg

what a great start , lancaster a bloke from town came in 6th , on your lanny

good stage of thrills and spills , a few big pile ups , and lots of mechanical issues , a few riders out of action on 3rd day of riding

So how are our Aussies looking so far.

Here are the overall standings post stage 3 (last night). Cadel has moved into 7th spot overall.

Standings after stage 3 - Tour de France 2012

some crashes last night. Of note, one key member of the Sky team had to withdraw, which is going to adversely affect Bradley Wiggins chances, especially as they head into the mountains.
Also, Simon Gerrans got caught up in the crashes last night and fell into some barbed wire. He's OK to continue but obviously got some nasty cuts etc.

Go cadel, beat Wiggins at least.
Cadel virtually did the mounains by himself last year, so hopefully he can beat Wiggins and his crew.

Cavendish is a man on a mission , needs to show that he doesn't need a lead out train for the sprints

doesn't look good for Cadel.

Here's hoping Cadel can do something special in mountains, but the third guy (Kenayn representing GB) looks pretty good too.

last year cadel came up from about the same time , but wiggo is in good form