• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for a gym in & around St Kilda

Artek88

Hi guys,

Not really a regular poster on these forums, only been here a while, but I'm wondering if anyone can advise me of any good gyms in or around St Kilda in Victoria.

I'm moving out from the Dandenong area into an apartment in St Kilda and would like to find a decent gym, preferably better than my current "Community Gym"

I've got a keen interest in powerlifting so something with more than 2 squat racks / cages would be awesome.

I hate waiting for noobs curling in the squat rack so the more the better.
A gym that doesnt frown upon heavy dead lifts, the usage of chalk, and has floors that enable you to drop the bar when dead lifting.

A powerlifting gym would be a bonus, especially an easy going / friendly one where I could probably bump advice off more experienced guys.

Good opening hours are a big bonus. Current gym closes mid afternoon on Sat/Sunday which really leaves me with only Mon-Friday to workout as I work weekends.

Cardio equipment isn't a must. But more "real equipment" like plenty of barbells, or even a glute ham raise would be awesome.

Also something that isn't ridiculously over priced, or crawling with idiots who make a shit atmosphere.

Hope someone can help me out with a few ideas.

Cheers guys!

Cheers thanks for that. I had a friend recommend that gym.

so the St Kilda powerlifting club is based in that gym?

Sweet sounds good. I've always been keen on getting into powerlifting seriously and it looks like the perfect place to do it, learn a few things and break my noob plateaus.

what's the atmosphere like if you dont mind me asking?

My current community gym is pretty average, so average in fact I get stares when I deadlift around the 200kg mark coz it's not really seen in my gym. Bodyworld I'd imagine is full of guys who can go much much heavier than that. Are the bigger guys intimidating or is it all friendly etc with guys giving each other advice etc?

Sweet sounds good. I've always been keen on getting into powerlifting seriously and it looks like the perfect place to do it, learn a few things and break my noob plateaus.

what's the atmosphere like if you dont mind me asking?

My current community gym is pretty average, so average in fact I get stares when I deadlift around the 200kg mark coz it's not really seen in my gym. Bodyworld I'd imagine is full of guys who can go much much heavier than that. Are the bigger guys intimidating or is it all friendly etc with guys giving each other advice etc?

never been mate =), but I have heard it's good