• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Home Made Vegetable Soup

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Home Made Vegetable Soup

Chop into small inch square portions ...
5 Potatoes
1 Small Butternut
3 large carrots
1 large white onion

place into a large saucepan with 1 litre of water with french onion soup mix.

also place in
3 cloves of garlic
1 table spoon butter
1 table spoon olive oil
3 dessert spoons worcestershire sauce
good pinch of sea salt
cracked black pepper to taste

place lid on saucepan and heat on LOW for about 40mins - 60 mins stirring occasionally.

You could place into a blender but i like texture so i just mashed with a potatoe masher (less dishes too
biggrin.gif
)
let cool for a couple mins

Ladle into bowl with a dollop of Sour Cream, sprinkle some parsley and some crunchy bread on the side.

If you wanted some meat you always chop up some bacon and place in the mix with the rest. adjust the salt to taste though

Best thing is this is filling , healthy & cheap!
Makes enough for 4 -6 ppl

In a similar vein, here is my take on minestrone:

Stock:
3 rashers bacon, chopped fine
1 tbs olive oil
2 large brown onions, diced
5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
1 cup haricot beans
4 beef stock cubes
2.5L water

Starting with a large cold saucepan, slowly cook chopped bacon until the fat renders out, add in olive oil, onions and garlic, saute until onions are transparent, throw in haricot beans, beef stock cubes, and water, bring to boil and simmer gently, covered for 1 hour.

Soup:
2 carrots
2 spuds
2 zucchini
2 celery sticks
2 handfuls green beans
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 handfuls macaroni

Chop the veg into whatever size you prefer, smaller cooks faster, larger is more "rustic", I like 1cm cubes for everything except celery which I make really fine.

Add the veg into the stock as you go, add tomatos, bring to boil, simmer gently covered for approx 1 hour. Add in macaroni and season to taste, cook a further 10min.

Serves 8, freezes well.

I like soup and I'll chuck in a couple of lamb shanks and a handful of barley along with any veg.

10 years ago a lamb shank was $2

i love my soup , always got it boiling up on the stove , chicken soup turns into vege soup , vege soup turns into some other soup