• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why you need to wear sunscreen and stop tanning...

peanutz

0306_trucker_sp.jpg

The sun-ravaged face of a trucker, who spent a career with one half of his visage directly exposed to the sun's rays, has drastically illustrated the ageing effects of UV exposure.

The 69-year-old man spent 28 years at the wheel of a truck, resulting in the left side of his facing absorbing a lot more sun than the right side, New England Journal of Medicine reports.

While the skin on right half of his face is relatively smooth and free of wrinkles the left side clearly shows thickening and wrinkling of the skin.

The condition known as unilateral dermatoheliosis, or photoaging, is caused by chronic exposure to the sun's Ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.

"Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays transmit through window glass, penetrating the epidermis and upper layers of dermis," the report said.

"Chronic UVA exposure can result in thickening of the epidermis and stratum corneum, as well as destruction of elastic fibers."

The man was advised to "use sun protection and topical retinoids, as well as periodic monitoring for the apparition of skin cancer".

Omg!

Slip, slop, slap indeed!

Thats a confronting picture of the effects of prolonged sun exposure for sure. Gawd.

Answer = sit on the passenger side just as often as the drivers side .

Really tho it does make me think more about using sun screen as I'm in a glass box (loader) when I'm not in a truck . I might print this off and hang it at work thanks for posting this xwifex

ive always worn sunscreen from 13 onwards everyday.. since i read about premature aging etc.. friends always teased me for having a shiny forehead lol

Wowzuz, looks like he has had a minor stroke.....bloody sun huh, I'm not much of a sun lover even though I live on the coast, always wear a rashy and slip slop slap.