• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Parenting Tips Exchange Thread

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
I am sure on Ausbb there is some new parents, a few expecting parents and I am also sure that there are some "old pro" parents on here that would have a wealth of real- world tips, tricks, etc on all things baby.

So let's get some information exchange happening

* Have LOTS of fun trying prior to the sperm actually being allowed to inseminate the egg!
* You will never sleep again. It's true.
* Your heart will be full, but your pockets empty! lol
* Interrupted sex isn't as fun as you might think! :(
* You have never known a love like it...& there is nothing else that will ever come close to it.

That is all.

Last edited:
Don't keep telling them they are special and can do anything they want

Teach them to be independant, and individuals, Encourage them, and teach them that they CAN have or be anything they want if they work for it, nothing is for free.

Awww congratulations Bloke! :)

Every baby is different & you need to find your routine, this, I have learnt is largely dictated by the baby I'm afraid. And especially as he's so brand new, it will take a little while to find your groove.

Is he breastfeeding?
I do recall a distinct lack of sleep completely in the first 3 or 4 months lol My little one cluster fed for the first few weeks, so pretty much constantly on the boobie. Mummy got no sleep & it does send you a bit mental to begin with lol

But it does get better & easier, with time.

Hang in there. Your little family will find its own rhythmn over the coming weeks & months, together.

Congrats on your new son though. How beautiful to have such a brand new bambino in your world :)

Cluster feeding... That is exactly what he is doing! As well as filling his nappies with amazing irregularity. I hear that 3 or 4 months down the track things should ease up. Can't wait...

lol yeah the old cluster feeding will send you mental, poor love's!
And yes, if you think about it, they're using their digestive system for the first time, so poop takes a little while to regulate. My little one had mild colic for the first few months, just make sure you burp him really well & cycle his legs back & forth to help move the trapped wind & get his poopies moving. Constipation can be very painful for them.

I remember in the first month, Sophie didn't poop for 5 days! I was beside myself, bought some gripe water, cycled her legs & the explosion that came forth was so exciting lololol

This may be the only time in your life, you get excited over poop :D

lol yeah the old cluster feeding will send you mental, poor love's!
And yes, if you think about it, they're using their digestive system for the first time, so poop takes a little while to regulate. My little one had mild colic for the first few months, just make sure you burp him really well & cycle his legs back & forth to help move the trapped wind & get his poopies moving. Constipation can be very painful for them.

I remember in the first month, Sophie didn't poop for 5 days! I was beside myself, bought some gripe water, cycled her legs & the explosion that came forth was so exciting lololol

This may be the only time in your life, you get excited over poop :D

Thanks for the advice... Will put it to use.

I have a two week old son... Any advice on how to make him eat and sleep when we want?

my wife followed a routine in a book , bubs fell into the routine and then we knew when she would wake up and feeding etc , we could make plans then as we knew what time bubs did her stuff .
but things dont allways work to the routine but it was less chaotic than i have seen some parents , my sister inlaw , my gawd that kid is feeding every hour and never sleeps more than 1 hour ahhhhhhhhh:eek: