• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fitness First slims down to trim debt

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
STRUGGLING health club chain Fitness First has been forced to sell a quarter of its Australian gyms as part of a restructure to wipe $890 million of debt from its British parent company.
Fitness First Australia is a division of the global company Fitness First Group, which is undergoing a debt-for-equity swap with lenders Oaktree and Marathon.
The lenders have agreed to write off all the company's debt for an equity stake.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The company, which will also shed clubs in Britain, has been hit by weak consumer spending and the rise of budget gyms. It is believed the Australian arm brings in more than 50 per cent of profits, despite accounting for only 25 per cent of clubs.
In an announcement yesterday, the company said it was selling 24 of its 97 clubs across the country that were underperforming to help improve its balance sheet.

Read more: Fitness First slims down to trim debt

The rise of small gyms eh? Very interesting...

I wonder how much of a part bb/fitness forums have played a part in them losing market share. I'm not familiar with how many forums are out there that are related to weight training, but my guess is not many of them would be strongly preaching the Fitness First gospel.

The power of the internet forum baby...booyah!!

I've never been a fan of fitness first and won't b sorry to see them go with their inflated prices!

FF is great if you avoid peak time
Pretty convenient when you can go to a gym wherever you are..
Whats $20 a week?

I'm lucky mine isn't closing but apparently they are doing up the gyms they are keeping? I hope it doesn't interfere with training!

Hmmm wonder where one would snap up some of the stuff they will get rid of?
The one at Holden Hill, closest to my place is closing, was a different gym before they took it over, doesn't bother me, never set foot anywhere near one.

Apparently Fit n Fast is eying them off.

When I went to FF they wanted over a grand a year even with my healthcare and employment discounts. I told them to GGF'd what a scam.