• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body fat percentage

damyt01

I don't have calipers.. What is the most reliable site for finding your body fat percentage? I have all my measurements but every site seems to give me very different results! Frustrating.... One site said I had 30% and one 21% but I'm sure it's not 30% after looking at other peoples percentages...
7b628e01-80a9-cecf.jpg

I attached a pic.. Pretty sure I'm not 30 :s anyone know how?

Hard off of a photo but I would say mid 20's. I would not worry anyways unless you are anal with numbers. Take a waist and hip measurment, use your photos (control for time of day and lighting, camera, placement etc) and take a weight measurement once a week. Each fortnight/month see how you are going. It really only matters whether you think you look good in the mirror.

Hard to give an accurate measurement from your photo but I can definitely say you're not 30%. If you want the most accurate measurement I'd invest in a DEXA scan. Just how important is knowing the figure though?

Calipers and all other measurements involving formulas have a large margin of error.

I suppose it's not that important... Just good to know that I'm losing fat and keeping/building muscle. I have a very keen bodybuilding trainer that thinks he can get me to compete in October but I'm not sure, my body isnt even half way so we will see. The only thing that really matters is the mirror at the end of the day!

need more pics so we can get a better idea

This made me LOL - you turd :D

I suppose it's not that important... Just good to know that I'm losing fat and keeping/building muscle. I have a very keen bodybuilding trainer that thinks he can get me to compete in October but I'm not sure, my body isnt even half way so we will see. The only thing that really matters is the mirror at the end of the day!

Ask your bb'ing trainer to measure your body fat damy? I would have thought that's something he would have done by now if he's training you for a comp that's in 4 months time?

Good luck with your goals! Would love to see your progress to comp level :)

As previously mentioned get a Dexa Scan, its the only reliable way to measure BF%. Also if you plan to compete I think getting one now will enable you to better track your progress. There is plenty enought time to get comp ready by October, but you will have to be committed.

You can usually tell bf% easier from a booty pic :|..................................... (kinda serious?) STFD, im joking....

im not actually joking.jpg

from what ive heard dexa is most accurate, ive been wanting to get one done on myself...
but yeah i agree with the other guys lol need more pics to have a good idea lol

Lol!!!
ca59abc6-b3de-5dc4.jpg

All i have atm... Yeah on Tuesday he is doing all the stats for me, only a recent thing training with him so I'll get the proper consultation next week.

Looks pretty good. Definitely not 30% lol.

Get a dexa if you need an exact figure, or having your trainer attack you with the calipers is close enough.

Honestly, you could easily compete in October. Good proportions, nice size, good amount of fat. Dedication could strip you to a lean mean fighting machine in around 12 weeks; you've got nearly 20 up your sleeve.

If you want it, go for it. Just keep us all in the loop :)

And welcome. Tell us about yourself?

Thanks!!! It's good to hear it from someone else! I'm going to gym twice a day.. Cardio morning and weights at night fr 5-6 days a week. I'm pretty excited about the opportunity to compete! This forum looks like it will be good support so I'll keep u all posted!

Yeh to be honest you look perfect you dont really need to do anything you've got a great bod, but a bit of muscle definition and a booty will go a loooong way lol.

We're always here :)

You've got the size and shape to make it, so go for it. Start a thread, post up your workouts, and enjoy the mental support. I'll always encourage a female competitor - its rare for chickies to have the confidence and respect for their bodies to push it to comp form.

Good luck, and i'm sure you'll fit into the forum well :)

Rian.

Honestly I think you look great... but if you're wanting to compete it could very well be a rewarding challenge for you

Last edited: