• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Sydney Morning Herald - "The Real Price of Protein"

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
A very interesting article we came across with experts basically backing up what we try to promote all the time.

The real price of protein

Some quotes:

"Everybody who goes to the gym these days thinks they need an ultra expensive super-scientific sounding protein supplement but it's often unwarranted."
- Dr Louise Burke, the head of sports nutrition at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS)

“At the end of the day protein supplements are a processed food product and many of the ridiculous claims made on the ones with a whole load of extras added have no scientific backing."
- Nutritionist Joanna McMillan

Ray Klerck, a fitness writer for Men's Health magazine, claims the best option is to buy cheaper no-name whey protein, add a banana and berries and a couple of egg whites...
"So many protein supplements have many additives, sugar and preservatives to add a point of difference."

- Ray Klerk, fitness editor for Men's Health and Fitness

Read more: The real price of protein

I've tried to fighf the good fight against my friends for years. They still get distracted by the pretty pictures.

Good to see a magazine writer speak the truth rather than pander to supp companies (the big marketting ones i mean)