• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

9 days, 8kgs lost - farkin illness.....

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Well i havent been on here much the past week or so as i have been crippled in bed with some digestive illness, as the title says i have dropped at least 8kgs in 9days......:eek:

Even the wife says i look unhealthy skinny since i have dropped from 99kg to 91kg.

havent been able to eat much in this time, can't shit, been drinking about 3ltrs a day, can't sleep, no strength.

feelsbadman.jpeg

Hopefully getting better and bee back to work next week and back in the gym, but not looking forward to the strength i would have lost.......

Neddy! I wondered where the fuck you were, even gave you a mention in HCAM cuz you would have loved it! But were noticeably absent!!!

Am sorry you've been sicky la la :(

8kgs in 9 days is fucking outstanding tho! lol

Just concentrate on getting well, when you're able, eat well, drink lots of fluids and don't worry about the loss of strength! It will come back quicker than you think ;)

Nice to see you back you skinny bastard :D

thats a lot of water if you're not eating anything else - switch to something with some salts in it.

did you poop it out or spew it up? or crook and it hurts to eat?

Nope not just water, but gaterade/powerade and also, diet rite cordial as well as water, haven't been pooing or throwing up, just really really bad cramping when eating so i dont eat...but peeing HEAPS, hahaha

and you haven't pooped in 9 days???

you need to go to the doctor, you could have a bowel obstruction.

I feel for ya mate, I lost 8kg in around the same timeframe mid last year, went from 98 to 90kg due to an illness. Fight back strong mate, might be tough for a while, I felt as weak as a kitten.

if you haven't already, go to the doctor.
hope you get well soon.

i lose weight fast when sick too so I empathise with you too.

but head to your doc and get it checked out!

I got the flu 4 times last year, it was absolutely fucked, each time i got the flu i had it pritty bad.. Like id put in alot of hard work and diet to get something like my bench press from 70-90 kilos in like 3 months then 1 week of the really bad flu i was back to benching 75 kilos, then id fight hard to get back to 90+ bench press again a few months late then BAM another illness and my benchpress is back to 75 again.

I didnt know why i bothered putting in so much effort into training and money towards diet just so 1 week of the flu could fuck it all up.

Anway i havent been sick all year which is good,just fight hard and come back and eat healthy and take ur vitamins.

I had 2 bouts of gastro within a week, only lost 3kg, took about 2-3 weeks to get back to where I was.

But If I could eat or drink, I would eat or drink.

Think calorie dense, and hydration and salts.

Sucks big time getting sick.

Yeah i have been to the docs, 3 times in the last week, they say everything is "normal" and just eat what i can, drink plenty of fluids, and get as much rest as i can, blah blah blah.

So anyways, hopefully wont be long till i am back eating and training like a boss!!!!!

Yeah the docs are fucked, I copped the same shit fro them last year, most of em couldn't give a squirt of goats piss about ya.
I went everyday when I was crook, saying this shit isnt normal, until finally she took blood and found out I had some nasty viral infection, course of antivirals and the shit was gone. Keep on their back mate.

i still don't like this no pooping business.

where abouts exactly in the guts are you getting pains? have you had an abdominal X-ray for obstruction, or bloods taken to check for infection?

I did poop once or twice and have been taking metamucil the last few days which has helped a little but still haven't been eating much for it to make a bigger difference, I guess we will see tomorrow as today has been more normal eating

I've had similar before. Possibly food poisoning. Had it again recently. I found getting tons of calorie dense easily digestible food/liquids into your body helped. Avoid fiber - your body is trying to clear out some infection/bug, so don't give it any more work than you have to.

Lemonade. Potato Chips. Honey. Lollies. Tomato or Pumpkin soup. Protein shakes as you start to feel a bit better.