• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you KNOW you've had a good workout?

Bella

Babycakes
How do YOU know?

The pump?
Exhaustion?
DOMS?
Exhiliration?
You can't walk?
You can barely catch your breath?
Callouses?
Good form?
Some left in the tank?
Worked to complete failure?

How do you REALLY know & guage whether you've had a good workout ausbb?

l complete what l put down on paper at the start of the week, thats it. Hit certain numbers then leave, nothing about how l 'feel' during/after my workout or the following day.

How do YOU know?

The pump?
Exhaustion?
DOMS?
Exhiliration?
You can't walk?
Callouses?
Good form?
Some left in the tank?

All these are a byproduct of a good workout, you neglected the only real measure of a good workout and that is you've lifted or progressed on one or more exercises.

All these are a byproduct of a good workout, you neglected the only real measure of a good workout and that is you've lifted or progressed on one or more exercises.

I agree Andy. The list I gave wasn't my interpretation of a good workout, merely suggestions or questions I guess? I'm curious to know, whether BB'ers, PL'ers or 'other' - how people guage a 'good' workout for them?

Some people, it seems to be all about 'feeling', for others it's PB's, following & executing their program etc.

People's answers are what I'm after :)

Thanks lads!

Lol
Exhaustion, pump, doms are all 100% irrelevant.

Numbers dont lie. More weight or more reps than previously, or a better time, depending on what you're doing.

Lifted better than before via either more weight, reps, sets or less rest, better rep quality.

How do YOU know?

The pump?
Exhaustion?
DOMS?
Exhiliration?
You can't walk?
Callouses?
Good form?
Some left in the tank?

These things are usually the end result of a good workout. But when you "know", you know.

I haven't been tracking my lifts for a while, approaching things from a different angle (as most would know).

But when I get DOMS I know I must have done something right/different/stimulating.

please don't link any articles about DOMS not being an indication of a good workout, I won't read them.

That is all.

These things are usually the end result of a good workout. But when you "know", you know.

I haven't been tracking my lifts for a while, approaching things from a different angle (as most would know).

But when I get DOMS I know I must have done something right/different/stimulating.

please don't link any articles about DOMS not being an indication of a good workout, I won't read them.

That is all.

lol

Someone would link it at some point wouldn't they Brad? lolol Ahhh that made me laugh....

Thanks for your input! ;)

I don't really know if I have had a good workout until the week or two after, when I am stronger and lift more weight...that would mean I must have done something right...

i judge mine by progress, do i feel stronger? or i go by the overall feel, have i felt energetic or sluggish, and if i do how did it affect my workout, and do i feel like ive worked out, have i put in a good effort

Yeah this is the stuff I like to read..

I know I have had a good workout when I have done my routine to its entirety, done to failure and mixed it up a little bit from my last workout.
I never ever train the same one week to the next when I train a certain muscle group.

I don't really know if I have had a good workout until the week or two after, when I am stronger and lift more weight...that would mean I must have done something right...

This one.
Its all about progress for me. If I progress then a good workout was had.

Lol
Exhaustion, pump, doms are all 100% irrelevant.

Numbers dont lie. More weight or more reps than previously, or a better time, depending on what you're doing.

Dude, you are almost too hardcore for these internet forums. You should probably start actually lifting soon.