• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Best Arnold Schwarzenegger Bodybuilding Quotes

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
On July 30, 1947, a future bodybuilding legend was born in Thal, Austria. Arnold Schwarzenegger began lifting weights when he was just 15 years old. At the age of 20, he was awarded the title of Mr. Universe. Throughout his competitive bodybuilding career, Schwarzenegger was crowned as Mr. Olympia seven times. He is considered one of the most influential and recognized bodybuilders of all time. After retiring from bodybuilding, he went on to successful acting career and even became the Governor of California.

1.jpg
“The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.”
2.jpg
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
3.jpg
“I never set limits or created mental barriers. You may have read that I imagined my biceps as big as mountain peaks when I did my curling exercises. This visualization process was essential if I was to gain the kind of mass and size I needed to win the Mr. Olympia contest against monsters like Sergio Oliva and Lou Ferrigno.”
4.jpg
“The secret is contained in a three-part formula I learned in the gym: self confidence, a positive mental attitude, and honest hard work. Many people are aware of these principles, but very few can put them into practice. Every day I hear someone say, ‘I’m to fat. I need to lose twenty-five pounds, but I can’t. I never seem to improve.’ I’d hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak. I can lose ten to forty pounds rapidly, easily, painlessly, by simply setting my mind to it.”
5.jpg
“Good things don’t happen by coincidence. Every dream carries with it certain risks, especially the risk of failure. But I am not stopped by risks. Suppose a great person takes the risk and fails. Then the person must try again. You cannot fail forever. If you try ten times, you have a better chance of making it on the eleventh try than if you didn’t try at all.”

6.jpg
“We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There’s really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.”
7.jpg
“What I’m doing is the thing I want to do. I don’t care what other people think. If the rest of disagrees and says I shouldn’t waste my time, I still will be a bodybuilder. I love it. I love the feeling in my muscles, I love the competition, and I love the things it gives me. I have never really had to work in my whole life. I’ve never had an eight to six job. I’ve always made good money. I’ve traveled all over the world competing and giving exhibitions. I‘ve made a profession out of a pastime, which perhaps only five percent of the population can do. The other ninety-five percent are frustrated office workers, working for someone else. I’m totally independent. So, I feel if I would live again or if I would be born again, I would do exactly the same thing.”
8.jpg

“Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.”

“When I was ten years old I got this thing that I wanted to be the best in something, so I started swimming. I won championships, but I felt I couldn’t be the best. I tried skiing, but there I felt I didn’t have potential. I played soccer, but I didn’t like that to well because there I didn’t get the credit alone if I did something special. I just avoided team sports from then on. Then I started lifting through the other sports and I enjoyed it the most. I won the Austrian championship in 1964 but found out I was too tall. So I quit that and went into bodybuilding. Two years later I found out that that’s it, that’s what I can be the best in.”

What I am most happy about is that I can zero in on a vision of where I want to be in the future. I can see it so clearly in front of me when I daydream that it’s almost a reality. Then I get this easy feeling, and I don’t have to be uptight to get there because I already feel like I’m there, that it’s just a matter of time.

Great words of truth and wisdom from a great man.
God I wish I had that level of mental determination and self belief!

Some fantastic pics there Graeme, thanks!

he's not a silly man. I have always admired his honest work ethic and tough mental attitude.

An amazing man. Very inspiring.

Big Arnie fan ♥

The oak stayed with my Uncle and Aunt for a brief time in 1980 when he was over here for the Olympia.

My Uncle used to own a couple gyms.

Arnie is an amazing guy, self made millionaire before he even become famous for BB or in the movies.

“what i’m doing is the thing i want to do. i don’t care what other people think. if the rest of the world disagrees and says i shouldn’t waste my time, i still will be a bodybuilder. i love it. i love the felling in my muscles, i love the c...ompetition, and i love the things it gives me. i have never really had to work in my whole life. i’ve never had an eight-to-six job. i’ve always made good money. i’ve travelled all over the world competing and giving exhibitions. i’ve made a living out of a pastime, which perhaps only five percent of the population can do. the other ninety-five percent are frustrated office workers, working for someone else. i’m totally independant. so, i … feel … if i would live again … or if i would be born again, i would do exactly the same thing.” -arnold-schwarzenegger

Arnold.jpg