• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2012 CAPO Australian powerlifting champs

spartacus

The 2012 CAPO Nationals in Albury (25-26 August) look like being one of the best ever, if not best.

Some of the lifters registered as current members expected to compete include

George Mclaren, 380kg raw dead lift and 915kg total, second best ever.
Wayne Howlett, 900kg raw total
Derek Boyer, 880kg raw total
Adrian Tullo, 865kg raw total.
Alan Kliese, 250kg raw bench, and now dabbling in suited lifting.
Jason Durbridge, 842.5kg raw as 110kg, best of all feds.
Ange Galati, best ever suited bencher in Australia, aiming to be lightest man to bench 200kg raw (under 80kg and perhaps 75kg).
Gregg Gordon, 765kg raw total as 100kg lifter, and just 21 years old.
Dan Wright, 880kg Raw total (wraps).
Jeff Lam, one of Aust’s best lifters and lightest man to bench 200kg in raw comps.

Aust raw total record of 922.5kg could be smashed this year, as could suited record of 965kg.

There will also be many others, including many women around 60kg that can dead lift 150kg+. There is Anita Millington with a 531kg raw total (wraps), who also squats 240kg.

It is going to be one incredible competition with such stars on show.

Anita squats 240kg?

Are you sure Derek is a member? He hasnt lifted since the 2010 nationals.

I don't think Gregg is 21 either.

Wow, they are some amazing & insane weights being lifted spartacus! I was reading up on Ange Galati recently after an argument with a friend over benching in that weight division lol Good luck to him for August!

Thanks for the link :)

Yes, I will.

Will do a live posting on this site of results from comp in August.

I am really hoping to see some massive lifts. Will take my camera and post some of the bigger lifts.

Am I missing something? Is there a link to upcoming comps on the CAPO website?

Edit: Nevermind, found it, but why did I have to search?

Is Boyer competing ?

I sent him a message a few weeks back suggesting he could legitimize his position as Australia's strongest man by competing in a sport govern by rules and set movement standards. The reply I got was something along the lines of 'all in good time'

Is Boyer competing ?

I sent him a message a few weeks back suggesting he could legitimize his position as Australia's strongest man by competing in a sport govern by rules and set movement standards. The reply I got was something along the lines of 'all in good time'

I was informed he would no longer be competing in any strongman comps in Oz because he doesn't get paid, only overseas comps. This possibly opens the doors to a new Australia's Strongest Man... Ironically it coincides with Warrick heading over to the UK.

I can only go on him again being a CAPO member, and hope he rocks up to a comp soon. It would be great for powerlifting to have him back as he is a great personality and 'strong'.

I expect he will compete, and hope it will be in Albury.

Last edited:
Oh well, one can hope. Still is going to be a great show with massive weights lifted by many of Aust's best lifters.

Just seeing George Mclaren lift more than 380kg dead lift is going to be worth seeing. Hopefully he will also beat the highest raw total record.