• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Double standards in reporting on effects of steroids

Let me preface this by saying I'm strongly against the use of steroids for sports performance, except where prescribed for genuine clinical reasons (eg hypogonadism). But I do believe in individual choice and I get concerned about some of the scare tactics used to cloud the debate. For example, I found this article in the Age about Gender Identity Disorder interesting: http://www.theage.com.au/national/crosssex-treatment-on-the-rise-20120520-1yyvp.html#ixzz1vStT5uff

What was interesting was how the potential effects of hormone therapy were completely played down, in the context of using drugs to halt puberty. But if the same article was about using AAS for aesthetic purposes (eg bodybuilding), I'm pretty sure the same language would not have been used. I know which is the more invasive use of the drugs.

Last edited:
Wowzzuz, that shits a bit disturbing.

On the subject of steroids though, I don't take them but I don't care if someone does. I'm a bit scared of the steriods TBH, as I simply don't know enough about them. But if I had the knowledge, I really don't know what I would do. Once upon a time I was very against them, but now I'm not.

I agree totally with both posts. But the media will always be biased to suit the general public opinions (or their owners). If you want to use steroids for your own personal use I could care less (unless you pass yourself off as natural).

What you have to realise is that there is news consumption for the masses, and then there's the real truth. Please don't anyone expect to read or hear about the real deal unless they're on the inside, and even then, some may be told differently.

Double standards abound in all realms of life; sport being only one very small segment of the bigger picture.

Fadi.