• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Parent Sues School: "School 'failed to get me into law"

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A FORMER student who is suing Geelong Grammar School says she decided to seek damages after she failed to qualify for her preferred university course. Rose Ashton-Weir, 18, alleges Geelong Grammar gave her inadequate academic support, particularly in maths. Seeking compensation in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, she said her final secondary school score was too low to study law at the University of Sydney.

Of her time at Geelong Grammar, she said: ''I didn't ever feel I was getting the support I needed to really excel.''
Ms Ashton-Weir boarded at the school in 2008 and 2009 but finished her secondary studies at a TAFE college in Sydney. She is in the first year of a double degree in arts and sciences at the University of Sydney. Her mother, Elizabeth Weir, is also suing the school for lost income and other expenses.
She said she gave up her chocolate fortune cookie business - which she had expected to make $450,000 over three years - because her daughter moved from Geelong to live with her in New South Wales. She is also seeking compensation for $39,000 in rent paid when they moved to another house in Sydney.

Earlier this week, Ms Weir said the school had known her daughter was gifted and had scored highly in an intelligence test, but struggled in maths. Yesterday, Ms Ashton-Weir told the tribunal a teacher at Geelong Grammar had criticised her for using words that were too long, which had left her confused and had made her doubt her ability to write essays. She became ''quite distressed'' when her English marks began to fall. Darren Ferrari, representing Geelong Grammar, said Ms Ashton-Weir could have studied law at several other universities. ''You could have done law at Deakin University by correspondence,'' he said. He said Ms Ashton-Weir had been placed on ''internal suspension'' a number of times while at the school. She was also poorly organised and had been absent from class many times.

Ms Ashton-Weir fell ill with glandular fever in early 2009 and went to stay with her mother at the end of term two. She did not return to Geelong Grammar.
Mr Ferrari said the school had tried to support Ms Ashton-Weir. ''The school wanted her to get through the year.'' He said Ms Ashton-Weir's school reports noted she was intelligent but failed to complete school work.

The hearing will resume in August.

School 'failed to get me into law'

there must be someone i can sue , surely i can sue the school because the school was situated too far away from me , forcing me to catch a bus where the total travel trip was 30mins , limiting the amount of time that i could study at home ???

If you can't study law just become a professional litigator.

Brb filing a suit against ausbb for not making me stronger.

If you can't study law just become a professional litigator.

Brb filing a suit against ausbb for not making me stronger.

no use suing me , i have nothing in my name , you can sue me for 9/10ths of sweet fuck all lol

Just a poor reflection on the way todays society is going, no-one is willing to responsibility for their own actions anymore and always looking for someone else to blame.....

WAKE UP PRINCESS, you obvioulsy didnt study hard enough or the wrong material or whatever, stop blaming others and look in the mirror FFS!!!!!!

I've long held a theory about people with hyphenated surnames. This article affirms it.

All I can say is that this girl should really really really get into law school, will fit right in.

All I can say is that this girl should really really really get into law school, will fit right in.

lol this made me laugh.

I have...12 lawyers on my staff of 76.

I regularly want to cut myself because of them :D

I agree with Dave, OP will be a cracker in the industry! lol

Maybe if she spent less time with a cock in her moutu and a head in her book she might of done better.

Brb sueing parents for not giving ke zeus like genetics

Ah its bullshit, during my last placement in school for uni, the Deputy was telling me how they have some parents who threaten to ring their lawyers and do file law suits against the school and education department for all sorts of petty shit. Example: little Jonny is being an asshole so gets sent out of the class, parents decide he is being "excluded" and ring their lower than a snakes asshole lawyer, teacher gets suspended for trying to have a cohesive classroom and get the little clown out of the room for a while.

America is to blame for todays litigious society.

Its law at sydney uni. God forbid she go anywhere else.

That said I have an issue with the enormous school fees of private schools.