• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Starting Young

wingman

Super M0derator
rafeal_lucas.jpg

This guy's 2 sons, ones doing deadlifts and the others doing 1 arm chinups.

How many of us wish we started on our journeys earlier?

100% wish I had started earlier. No earlier than about 15/16, but that would have been a good age, I think.

l truly wish l was pushed into something / anything when l was 2-4 years old. You'd be a fucking monster in whatever sport you were pushed into.

I'm happy with the age i started doing weights at but not so happy with not having or knowing where to source appropriate information at an earlier age. Learning more, years down the track, is almost like a second start!

l truly wish l was pushed into something / anything when l was 2-4 years old. You'd be a fucking monster in whatever sport you were pushed into.
and this is why asians kick ass at everything.... fkn tiger parents hahahaha :p

and this is why asians kick ass at everything.... fkn tiger parents hahahaha :p

No shit, see l truly wish l had that. People say "you wont actually like 'x' when you get older though" like fuck you won't, you'll be dominating and making some nice $.

Oh and in before "andre agassi" that guys a coward and a ******. Of course you like tennis it made you a shit load a cash when you have no other transferable skills.

No shit, see l truly wish l had that. People say "you wont actually like 'x' when you get older though" like fuck you won't, you'll be dominating and making some nice $.

Oh and in before "andre agassi" that guys a coward and a ******. Of course you like tennis it made you a shit load a cash when you have no other transferable skills.

Whats the background story here?

I started at 16 but have taken the last 5 years off, so I wish I had stuck to lifting weights also wish I got my diet in check earlier as I've always struggled with that.

Is that little dude really deadlifting 100kg? Sheeeeeeeeeeet, he'd be about my boy's age/size....around 30-33 kg i reckon. It can't be right??

My other boy is 17 months old, and he's always squatting around the house...i can't help studying his technique lol...he bends so deep, ass literally an inch or two off the ground, and can hold that squat comfortably for half a minute or so. I'm jealous when i watch him!

Might put a bar on his back in coming weeks. Why not? Start em young!

By time he was 16 my brother had travelled the world with his sport. Didnt end up been a career in the end, nor did it stop changing direction in his career in his early 20s. Best thing about starting kids young is they learn discipline.