• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weakness : OR Least Favourite Exercise/Lift?

Bella

Babycakes
What are your weakness's ausbb?

We all have them and there are certainly some exercises, compound lift's or 'other' that we know we probably need to do and probably should do - but actually really hate to do, or can't seem to get the hang of!

1. Where would you all like to make improvements in your training routine?

2. What's your least favourite exercise/lift and why?

3. What's your least favourite body part to work, and why?

would like a bum :(
would like to learn to squat properly

the squat, because it's new, it's also bloody hard to go that low and keep good form for reps, but I'm determined damnit!

my glutes :((glute bridge raises, weighted squats and lunges) Annoying! I see no change! :mad: lol

I wouldn't, I like mine.

Bench - because its my weakest lift.

Squats 'legs', because having 200kg on your back is heavy as fuck.

1. i would like to be able to do more assistance, but time atm is an issue, so i only have time for the main compound lifts, unless i stay behind by myself, but then it gets quite late.

2, bench is my weakness, have added more volume, so this will help with this problem.

3. dont have one, everything helps, if you dont like doing something, man up
:D

Where would you all like to make improvements in your training routine?
Does not compute. :D I like the routine well enough.

What's your least favourite exercise/lift and why?
Probably power cleans. Because I suck at them. :mad:

:p But they're good, and I know this.

What's your least favourite body part to work, and why?
Calves, I guess. Boring as hell, and honestly, I'm not even bothering at the moment. Stuff that hits them a bit will do.

1. I actually like my routine and change things regularly to keep interest and progressing.
2. Least favourite I would have to say specific core strength stuff which I know is important but tend to neglect due to time constrates at the gym and prefer to do other exercises.

3. Least favourite body parts would be legs, simply coz you push so hard and move so much weight I struggle just general walking for a couple of days almost every week, hahaha

I would like/need to do more volume
In no particular order
i. Pretty much every max effort exercise I have on my training log (except deadlifts) - unfortunately I worked out early on if I dislike an exercise its doing me good
ii. Dynamic work - absolutely loathe this stuff as it kills me
iii. The prowler
Chest - cause its my big weak point and I still havent fixed my left shoulder (only got myself to blame)

I'd like to improve my squat, because having a big squat is awesome!!

Military Press, just bores me a bit, and smaller gains

Shoulders, cos they are a bit tempermental!!

I would prefer a 4 day 5/3/1 type layout with core exercise's focusing on strength and assistance focusing on hypertrophy but i hate not squatting twice a week. So theres no real changes to my current plan.

Bench, the range is the shortest of all major lifts, feels shitty on the joints etc. Much prefer overhead pressing.

Legs, love/hate relationship.

I would prefer a 4 day 5/3/1 type layout with core exercise's focusing on strength and assistance focusing on hypertrophy but i hate not squatting twice a week. So theres no real changes to my current plan.
I know a guy who does that routine, and apparently it's okay if you swap the extra deads (the high rep stuff?) with the extra squats, and the bench with the OHP. Um, if that's any use, good. If not, I wouldn't be too surprised - I don't know that much about 5/3/1. :)

Just something I remembered.

I know a guy who does that routine, and apparently it's okay if you swap the extra deads (the high rep stuff?) with the extra squats, and the bench with the OHP. Um, if that's any use, good. If not, I wouldn't be too surprised - I don't know that much about 5/3/1. :)

Just something I remembered.

There are different assistance protocols wendler recommends. Pm your email if you want the website where you can buy the ebook I definitely won't email you a copy because that would be Internet piracy and very naughty.

Awesome programme unless your a rank beginner.

If I had improvements I wanted to make I would make them.

Dl's cause my back is hit n miss

Abs. I don't work them direct at all

In my legs. I have been plagued with gout/bursitus for years.

Squats, because of the above. (but I used to love them)

Shoulders, then Legs. I like Back and Chest days.

Squat, want the "200kg" deadlift, pull ups, can only do 2, but i weight 125kg lol

chins cause i can only do 2,

chest, love the feeling of the "pump" in ur chest

1. Redundant question, if improvements to routine were required they'd be made
2. Probably bench as its my lowest due to least experience with it. Impinged shoulders dont help much too.
3. Lol dont work bodyparts

1. i would like to be able to do more support, but time atm is a issue, so i only have here we are at the primary substance raises, unless i remain behind by myself, but then it gets quite overdue.
2. common is my weak point, have included more amount, so this will help with this issue.
3. do not need one, everything allows, fantastic like doing something, man up......

1. i would like to be able to do more assistance, but time atm is an issue, so i only have time for the main compound lifts, unless i stay behind by myself, but then it gets quite late.

2, bench is my weakness, have added more volume, so this will help with this problem.

3. dont have one, everything helps, if you dont like doing something, man up
:D

1. i would like to be able to do more support, but time atm is a issue, so i only have here we are at the primary substance raises, unless i remain behind by myself, but then it gets quite overdue.
2. common is my weak point, have included more amount, so this will help with this issue.
3. do not need one, everything allows, fantastic like doing something, man up......

I see what you did there ^

hmmm what is 'common' Sabastian?

skeptical-baby.jpg

Need to eat sleep, and stretc better, once the kids grow up it should be easier

I hate the spare tire

I hate squats because I was getting good at them, now I am broken they take for fn ever, pretty much pause every rep.

Oh I guess I hate having a week as spine.