• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I Believe....Do You?

Bella

Babycakes
What if this was your son?
Your brother?
Your best friend?
Your cousin?
Your nephew?
Your son's...partner?

Take the time to watch this powerful story.

In Australia, gay people are not allowed to get married and whilst we have come a long way, in recognising them as defacto partners.

They are still not entitled to insurance, superannuation, joint tax returns or recognised as the legal partner of their spouse, should the spouse become incapacitated or die.

We have a long way yet to go folks...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9gyloyOjM&sns=fb"]It Could Happen To You - YouTube[/ame]

+1 for Equality

I reckon we should recieve benefits of we can show we exercise to stay healthy.

Lots of shit wrong, it all gone to hell in a hand basket and priorities are arse about and getting worse.

Ahhh, that feels better.

Theyre only gay because they cant find someone of correct gender

Eheheheheheh, wheres that needle and thread, ah the iPhone dictation is quite delightful! You need to say exclamation mark then you need to say full stop.

If so called 'blokes' want to put their penis in each others arse, I could give a rats FFS.
I don't feel sorry for that story, what did they expect FFS. Do I have gay friends?...Nup...do I care who or what you root?...Nup...should they be allowed to marry?....guess so, seems like the next thing to do if they are a couple. Seems a bit unfair, their just people.
Do I care if my kids turn gay?...Yep
Do I want them to get married?...Yep
Do I want grand kids?...Yep
Would I hate them if they were gay?...Nup
Are my views on things politically incorrect?...Yep
Do I care?...Nup :D

Do I use Yep and Nup allot?...Yep and Nup :p

Just sayin, sheesh

If so called 'blokes' want to put their penis in each others arse, I could give a rats FFS.
I don't feel sorry for that story, what did they expect FFS. Do I have gay friends?...Nup...do I care who or what you root?...Nup...should they be allowed to marry?....guess so, seems like the next thing to do if they are a couple. Seems a bit unfair, their just people.
Do I care if my kids turn gay?...Yep
Do I want them to get married?...Yep
Do I want grand kids?...Yep
Would I hate them if they were gay?...Nup
Are my views on things politically incorrect?...Yep
Do I care?...Nup :D

Do I use Yep and Nup allot?...Yep and Nup :p

Just sayin, sheesh

Yea agree 100%. Nothing in the world my kids could do would make me angry or reject them, but I do want grandkids.

joint tax returns

This is the only real issue. They can live as a married couple in every other way but want to be afforded the tax concessions of a family unit & the government does not want to give it to them.

A gay person will never admit it to you but this is the real reason for all this carry on about recognition of gay marriage.

I just dont farkin get it, your a "bloke" and want to root other "blokes", OR you a "woman" and want to eat carpet, this is not right people, hence, IT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

No we should NOT let gay people marry, no we shouldn't let them adopt children, no we shouldnt give them family status, no we shouldnt recognise them as defacto or whatever else they want to be recognised as, IT IS WRONG

/thread!

I just dont farkin get it, your a "bloke" and want to root other "blokes", OR you a "woman" and want to eat carpet, this is not right people, hence, IT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only gay if your on the bottom.

Thats what I told the bloke I rooted in jail and I'm standing by it.

Sure let them marry. Why should straight people be the only ones to put themselves through the misery of marriage?

its funny all the married folks are more focused on divorce
while the homosexuals are more interested in marriage.

while even some heterosexual couples dont even marry
you shouldn't need marriage to love or live life.

Everyone needs love and for some they find it in the same
sex.

Barack Obama became the first US president to say publicly he was in favor of same-sex marriage, in a high-stakes intervention in a pre-election debate roiling American politics.

In what supporters will hail as a historic moment in civil rights history, Obama changed his stance, after previously saying he was "evolving" on gay marriage, a fiercely divisive issue in US politics.

"I've just concluded, for me, personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

Obama, who had previously backed strong protections for gay and lesbian couples, said his position had evolved partly after talking to his two daughters Malia and Sasha who had some friends who had same-sex parents.

"It wouldn't dawn on them that somehow their friends' parents would be treated differently. It doesn't make sense to them and frankly, that's the kind of thing that prompts a change in perspective," Obama said in the interview.

Obama came under increasing political pressure on gay marriage after Vice President Joe Biden said on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday that he was "absolutely comfortable" with same-sex marriage.

Education Secretary Arne Duncan said this week that he was also in favor of the concept.

Some political analysts have warned that Obama could be entering a political minefield, with some key voting blocs in swing states that he hopes to court in November's election opposing gay marriage.

On Tuesday, voters in North Carolina, a state Obama narrowly carried in the 2008 election, approved a state constitutional amendment forbidding gay marriages, civil unions and domestic partnerships.

The measure was passed by 61 percent to 39 percent after similar state constitutional amendments have been approved in some 30 US states.
The amendment solidifies and expands already enacted North Carolina law forbidding same-sex marriage.

Obama came to the position he elucidated on Wednesday through a long period of reflection and following pressure from his political base, which includes gay and lesbian groups.

In 2004, he said for religious reasons that he believed that "marriage is between a man and a woman," but added that he favored a "bundle" of civil rights for gays and lesbians.

"What I believe in my faith ... a man and a woman when they get married are performing something before God."

In 2010, Obama said "my feelings are constantly evolving" on gay marriage, and said he was in favor of civil unions for gays and lesbians that have strong civil protections.

In 2011, Obama said he was "still working on it."

its funny all the married folks are more focused on divorce
while the homosexuals are more interested in marriage.

while even some heterosexual couples dont even marry
you shouldn't need marriage to love or live life.

Everyone needs love and for some they find it in the same
sex.

Great post Mr :)

And SO true!

This is the only real issue. They can live as a married couple in every other way but want to be afforded the tax concessions of a family unit & the government does not want to give it to them.

A gay person will never admit it to you but this is the real reason for all this carry on about recognition of gay marriage.

Not true Brick, with all due respect.

Whilst gay couples can reside together in Australia and are recognised as 'defacto' or 'cohabitators' therefore able to get mortgages together etc. They cannot lodge a joint tax return. They can put their partner as beneficiary on life insurance and superannuation, hell, any of us can put anyone, but it's easily contested by family. In a traditional heterosexual marriage, if a man dies, his insurance, super and all assets go directly to his spouse, no questions asked, ever.

Gay partners have no legal rights to their loved one's bodies, should they die and are still, in 2012 not legally recognised as their loved one's next of kin should something occur.

For purposes of their partner being incapacitated, they are not legally recognised to make medical decisions either.

So what is fair about that? And what are we as a nation saying? Sure, you can live together, you can even buy a house together, but no, you're not afforded the same right to marriage as the rest of us hetero people who have entirely screwed it up anyway. And no, we won't legally recognise you as your partners legal spouse, ever. Sorry.

Noooo we have a long way to go I'm afraid.

And as bull rightly pointed out - we hetero folk have wallowed unsuccessfully in marriage for....well forever. Why not let gay people have the opportunity to share in the misery too? lol

The religious argument annoys the shit out of me. Who each of us has sex with and how we have sex, is nobody's damn business. If the church knew half the shit I'd been up to, I'd be burned at the stake!

But because I'm a heterosexual female, no one would ever ask me? (Although Bella will happily divulge without any urging) :p

So they have anal sex? Who cares, alot of heterosexual people and couples, enjoy anal sex too. Is that to be judged and condemned as well? I don't think so.

At the end of the day, we're all people and every person deserves to be afforded the same right.

I have been surrounded by gay people my entire life. Some would love to get married, some don't care and some say they'd never do it. What individuals want, is irrelevant, because they all agree, that the option should be available to them.

Thankfully the majority of Australians also either agree, or aren't bothered by gay couples being allowed to marry. I just wish our politicians kept up with the consensus of the country.

An amazing young man, who addressed the US congress and was raised by two women.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q]Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube[/ame]

Not true Brick, with all due respect.

Whilst gay couples can reside together in Australia and are recognised as 'defacto' or 'cohabitators' therefore able to get mortgages together etc. They cannot lodge a joint tax return. They can put their partner as beneficiary on life insurance and superannuation, hell, any of us can put anyone, but it's easily contested by family. In a traditional heterosexual marriage, if a man dies, his insurance, super and all assets go directly to his spouse, no questions asked, ever.

Gay partners have no legal rights to their loved one's bodies, should they die and are still, in 2012 not legally recognised as their loved one's next of kin should something occur.

For purposes of their partner being incapacitated, they are not legally recognised to make medical decisions either.

1. All wills are easily contested and often are in traditional nuclear families. Happens all the time with children of first marriages & second spouses etc etc.

2. Hetero couples can't pull the plug on each other either euthanasia is illegal in Australia for everybody not just gays. If your incapacitated your medical decisions are made by Dr's not spouses.

3. Why should couples who are for the most part double income no kids be afforded the same tax consessions as traditional nuclear family units. They shouldn't they aren't burdened with children.

The gay rights lobby are doiung a great job of clouding the real issue with emotional bullshit. It is all about the tax concessions.

1. All wills are easily contested and often are in traditional nuclear families. Happens all the time with children of first marriages & second spouses etc etc.

2. Hetero couples can't pull the plug on each other either euthanasia is illegal in Australia for everybody not just gays. If your incapacitated your medical decisions are made by Dr's not spouses.

3. Why should couples who are for the most part double income no kids be afforded the same tax consessions as traditional nuclear family units. They shouldn't they aren't burdened with children.

The gay rights lobby are doiung a great job of clouding the real issue with emotional bullshit. It is all about the tax concessions.

how many goes for the right socks this morning Brick? :D

It is an emotional issue because it's a very human one.

I wasn't referring to euthanaisa, that's a WHOLE other debate in and of itself.
I'm more referring to incapacitation, when a judgement call on one's life is necessary, gay people are not afforded this right legally, with their partner.

And there are plenty of double income, no kid heterosexuals in the world, who take full of advantage of joint tax returns and the concessions this allows them.

My eldest brother and his wife, are one couple that springs to mind immediately.

So why not the gay's?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine, on this front, is a strong and passionate one. I have an Uncle who is a gay man and has been with his partner for 32 years. My Aunt died of ovarian cancer and made my Uncle guardian of her son, Michael, they have raised him from the age of 2 and he is the most well rounded, compassionate, handsome, educated, lovely young man, I have ever met. He is now 23 years old, has a girlfriend and is an engineer. He is also incredibly grateful for his two Dad's and the life he's been afforded and the views he has been gifted because of his circumstances.

Michael is an outstanding, brave and considered spirit. The gay men that raised him, have done an outstanding job.

My cousin is also a gay man, he is also my best friend and has been with his partner for 7 years. They babysit my daughter often, she cooks with them, they take her to dance lessons and are very active role models in her life and I, quite frankly, wouldn't have it any other way.

Sophie is 8 years old and recently at school (she is in Grade 3) she had to draw a picture of her family and present an oral discussion on what her family was like. She drew a picture of me, her father (who lives overseas, she see's him once every 2 or 3 years) her 3 Uncles, my mother (Her Nonna, who is deceased) my father (Her Poppy who she loves) and my cousin and his partner.

My daughters teacher said "But Sophie, these people are not your family, I'm talking about Mum and Dad and brothers or sisters"

Sophie was distraught and her answer was "But I don't live with a Mummy, a Daddy or brothers and sisters. I have no brothers and sisters. But I have three Uncles who I love. My Nonna and Poppy who I love and my Gay Uncles who I love too. They are my family"

Even our education system in 2012 goes right back to traditional nuclear status, when there is no traditional nuclear families anymore. We hetero people have littered the landscape with divorce, step parents, step siblings, half brothers/sisters etc etc etc.

And even still, my daughter was questioned as to what her family "looked like"? Not okay and I made sure I addressed the school directly on that matter.

Her Gay Uncles are her family. They see every school event, every cross country, every dance recital, they are here for me when I'm sick and make sure Sophie is distracted when I need the time to take care of myself. They take her to soccor practice and kiss her when she hurts herself.

They moved 2 minutes away from me, so they could be there more fully for her. Are they her family? You bet your arse they are. The most influential male figures in her life, along with my three very straight, alpha male brothers.

And I couldn't be prouder or more confident that she is completely loved and cared for. This is our world and she is a confident, well adjusted, happy and imaginative little girl. Who is very open minded and loves and accepts her gay Uncles without prejudice or conflict.

I am so proud of the little girl she is. And I do it on my own, but my god, I have the help of some wonderful, amazing men, straight and gay and I am so grateful for it.

My cousin, would like to get married to his partner and he should have the right to do so.