• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood Tests

Brick

Gents getting blood tests to have my levels checked. Whats the go do I have to go see a GP and get a referral or can I just rock into a pathology place pay the $ and have the results sent direct to me? I am in QLD if that helps.

If I go to the GP for refferal can I get the tests sent direct to me or will the doc get me to come back for another appt so he can double dip on the medicare payment.

Thanks in advance.

Have you got a family Dr Brick?

QML (or similar) referral through GP is the only way I've ever done it.

And yes, the Dr will get the results a few days later, find someone who bulk bills maybe?

Yes, relevant to post how?

lol such a bundle of happiness aren't you Van Gough? :D

I asked because often family Dr's will bulk bill. Thats all.

As far as I'm aware, you need a referral for blood work.

(wonders how many attenpts at sock pulling you had this morning) :p

lol such a bundle of happiness aren't you Van Gough? :D

I asked because often family Dr's will bulk bill. Thats all.

As far as I'm aware, you need a referral for blood work.

(wonders how many attenpts at sock pulling you had this morning) :p

I was hoping you were getting to some sort of scam where I use family members to get free blood tests.

It's a public holiday so I am in the office in thongs. FFS should be out marching with the BLF, I hate working in management.

It's May Day only scabs work today. Comrade.

Last edited:
I was hoping you were getting to some sort of scam where I use family members to get free blood tests.

It's a public holiday so I am in the office in thongs. FFS should be out marching with the BLF, I hate working in management.

Awwww

Thongs are excellent! lol No sock games this morning! :D

No scam, sowwy. lol

Buy a lotto ticket for tomorrow night! ;)

Gents getting blood tests to have my levels checked. Whats the go do I have to go see a GP and get a referral or can I just rock into a pathology place pay the $ and have the results sent direct to me? I am in QLD if that helps.

If I go to the GP for refferal can I get the tests sent direct to me or will the doc get me to come back for another appt so he can double dip on the medicare payment.

Thanks in advance.

They will get you to come back because you dont know how to interpret blood tests because you are not a medical practitioner.

While your here christian, can you list all the tests applicable to a male hormonal panel that should be tested in regards to cycling and health?

SBHG
Test
LH
FSH
e2
cholesterol
dhea

?
?

They will get you to come back because you dont know how to interpret blood tests because you are not a medical practitioner.

Yeah alright fair call.

I realiser this isn't strictly in the right section but what do I tell the doc to get bloods done as requested by O.N so I can accept his challenge to try the RES100 supp. Just be straight or what? What do people tell them when they are getting bloods done cause they are juicing? Just tell it how it is?

Depends on the dr, when i got my dad tested ( he doesnt live in sydney) for his profile it cost him a few hundred because the dr wouldnt bulk bill it because he deemed it unnecessary.

Though some people claim some dr's give them whatever they want for free... Hit and miss.

I feel if you can afford to cycle you can afford to pay for blood tests and not burden medicare any-more then it is.

Sticky,

Testosterone
shbg
e2
(lh fsh not needed unless your off)
lft
lipid profile
c-creactive protein
fibrinogen
homocysteine

Monitor blood pressure, and resting pulse..

The 3 bolded are not usually done however they are cheap, (average $20 each) and are to determine cardiac health.

Tell it how it is mate.

Thanks Sticky. Have to say your doing a great job of moderating this end of the forum.

Thanks for the input gents I may have to do some Dr shopping till I find one who will bulk bill it for me.

I realiser this isn't strictly in the right section?
Moved to relevant section since this thread does not concern steroids or drugs.

I assume you are doing the bloods for the Resveratrol debate with O.N?

Moved to relevant section since this thread does not concern steroids or drugs.

I assume you are doing the bloods for the Resveratrol debate with O.N?

Correct just knew the boys lurking the juice section would be the experts.

Had my before and after bloods done for free.

See Doctor and tell him you want bloods done, get bloods done go back to doctor and get results, repeat x amount of time later.

If you are over 40 bloods are considered needed (and my doctor encouraged me to come back in 12 months and do it again), I guess if you are 20 and want bloods done they would be deemed unnecessary, unless you are displaying symptoms of low test.

Last edited:
Brick, you should get an exact list from ON of which measures/metrics he needs to see tomake your potential testimonial / refund valid.

Brick, you should get an exact list from ON of which measures/metrics he needs to see tomake your potential testimonial / refund valid.

Already done just wanted to know if a drs appt was strictly necessary. Guess it is.