• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bowel movements help?

thechosenone

Yer this is a bit embarrising but what the hell.

Ive just finished a cut and ive started bulking 3000 - 3500 calories a day.

I have been really gassy towards the end of the day which is not good cause i work night shift. I had to take a shit 4 times yesterday i was in that much pain i couldnt hold on.

People at work must think *wtf is wrong with him*. I know this sounds sick but its like i have a lot of gas build up behind the stool and it wont come out unless i do a shit.

This is my diet.

meal 1.Breakfast: weet bix & 1-2 scoops whey protein in water

meal 2. Basmati rice & 2 cans of tuna

meal 3. 2 cans of tuna & rye bread

meal4. At work ( oat powder and whey protein in milk*shake*)

meal5. Rye bread and cottage cheese

p.s this did not happen when i was cutting.

Last edited:

I have been really gassy towards the end of the day which is not good cause i work night shift. I had to take a shit 4 times yesterday i was in that much pain i couldnt hold on.

People at work must think *wtf is wrong with him*. I know this sounds sick but its like i have a lot of gas build up behind the stool and it wont come out unless i do a shit.

This is my diet.

You may have a food intolerance.. Wheat is a usual suspect. Lactose is another..

what have you added to your diet that you didn't eat when cutting?

was thinking this ^^^ also!

thechosenone...have you bulked using this diet before?

And no meat or eggs or fish at all (canned tuna aside)? no vegies or fruit? Or is this just a 'one day' sample menu you've given?

IMO, there's alot of fibre there from the rye bread and rice, throw the weetbix in and your bound to have denser more volumous poop.

If you're in pain, because it's hard (which I suspect you might be) add in some vegetables or throw some fruit in with your protein shake maybe?

But this is assuming you're finding yourself a little constipated with the sudden higher volume of intake and the dense food stuffs, which is what would be causing you pain when you poop.

Allergies are another story....

it's possibly a lack of fibre.

BUT, if there is anything in this diet that you have introduced as new or have increased the consumption of dramatically, it could be a food intolerance.

Typical suspects for intolerance:

Fructan/fructose but mainly fructans given the lack of fructose in this diet. This would come from the rye bread, weetbix and possibly from the protein powder (additives).

Lactose

Might also be from sugar polyols if you have been including anything with sorbitol, malitol, etc (check protein powders), sugar free anything. Have you suddenly increased or introduced any of these?

If you have changed the protein powder you use, that might be the culprit too.

But your diet is seriously unbalanced. As everyone has pointed out, the lack of veggies is a big problem!!

Plenty of fibre there, how much water do you drink??

Need some veggies and meat, what about some steak and chicken???

One tuna meal a day is enough IMO

Cut out milk and see how you go.

Do you have WPI or WPC?? If lactose is a problem have WPI, and what brand, hope it's not a commercial blend of crap or weight gainer shake, if it is there is your problem...

Last edited:
Its the gas build up thats causing pain, Its like its trapped behind the stool so i cant fart it out...... After i do a poop alot of gas comes out after... When i was cutting i was doing a keto diet, mostly cheese, tuna,bacon.

Its the gas build up thats causing pain, Its like its trapped behind the stool so i cant fart it out...... After i do a poop alot of gas comes out after... When i was cutting i was doing a keto diet, mostly cheese, tuna,bacon.

So high protein.

Hmm think about adding some vegies, throw some fruit in with the protein shake. And eat slower. Trapped air, often comes with eating meals too fast and wolfing food down.

That...and the addition of this fairly simple and very unbalanced bulking diet (if this is what you're doing everyday) will cause volumous, harder poops and the trapped gas will give you gripes (i.e. belly pain) because it's got nowhere to go until you poop!

Eggs, meat, chicken, vegies and fruit. Get it into you! lol

so the rye and wheat is new? your symptoms sound like fermentation in the small intestine. classic fructan intolerance but that's not to say it isn't something else.

if cheese was OK before, it's not lactose.

you might want to get tested for fructose/fructan malabsorption
OR

trial adding non-fructan and non-fructose nuts, seeds and veggies/fruits and removing the wheat and rye and check your protein powder for sugar substitutes and inulin. These will cause symptoms if that is the issue.

Try that for a week or two and see how you go. If your symptoms improve, that is a likely cause.

ie no onions, garlic, asparagus, beetroot, mushrooms, apples, pears, mangoes, pistachios, rye, barley, wheat, sorbitol, malitol, inulin, xylitol, etc.

Plenty of fibre there, how much water do you drink??

Need some veggies and meat, what about some steak and chicken???

One tuna meal a day is enough IMO

Cut out milk and see how you go.

Do you have WPI or WPC?? If lactose is a problem have WPI, and what brand, hope it's not a commercial blend of crap or weight gainer shake, if it is there is your problem...

I take optimum nutrition 100% whey protein isolate

This is my diet.

Bro....Shocking diet. Get some Fresh meat and vegies into you asap.

tuna, Rye and weat....no wodner your backed up like a brick shit house.

Like the others have said. Some meat and veggies needed but seriously where is the pizza and ice cream You can't be taken seriously bulking without those in your diet.

Also it's most likely not any food intolerance. You guts take a while to adapt to changes in diet. Wait it out.

I take optimum nutrition 100% whey protein isolate

I see, at least it's not a weight gainer full of sugar, still full of fillers and cheap WPC and low grade proteins 100 gram only has 79 gram of mostly low grade (read cheap) protein, most of it WPC and Whey peptides (crap), 3 gram of fat and 3 gram of sugar

Compared to No Bull Supplements WPI wich is 100% WPI tastes better and has 93 grams of protein per 100gram (an extra 14 gram of top grade protein per 100gram) with less than 1 gram total fat and less than 0.5 gram of total sugar, all for less money. And even more importantly none of the strange additives that I don't even know what they are.

Or use Bulk Nutrients for similar figures, I use both as I prefer certain flavours of certain brands.

:confused::confused:It baffles my mind how ON and the like still sell this stuff to the public at insane prices when the click of a mouse on the internet puts the facts before you, more and better for less:):)

Last edited:
Yep... I was thinking the 3 to 4 scoops of whey where the problem... Esp if it was a dodgy whey... Although I know nothing about ON products...

More veg needed... Eat broccoli and beans...

I mention those two veg cause you would have used them while in Keto...

One other thing... You where in Keto with low carbs.... so you body may need time to adjust to the new diet with all the starchy carby thingys..

Be sure to come back and let us know how you resolve your issue...