• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hamstring Stretches

DKD

Private Dancer
Who regularly does hamstring stretches? How do you do them?

I don't have great hammy flexibility. A physio taught me a method that I use ocassionally (and should prob do more often). You lie on the floor in an open doorway, and lift your leg up and lean against the door frame, getting it as straight as possible for whatever length of time.

Any better methods you guys use???

My mostly daily routine involves
Pulling my leg towards me whilst laying on the ground, other leg flat.
Intense foam rolling daily

I have good hamstring flexibility.:)

Do still leg deads. Will stretch your hammies like a mofo.

When you get better mobility, you can start standing on plates to increase the ROM.

Just focusing on making your hamstrings stronger will do the trick.

The exercise that jimmy recommends is a rippa.

Last edited:
Right, I take an interest in hamstrings, so I thought I'd take a gander and I SEE ^^THIS^^!!!
You turds.

Last edited:
I can't believe you people.
What a joke!

but I fckn love it! :D

hey for hamstring stretches, the straight legged deads are the go, Bazza is once again correct! :)

Also...you might try just touching your toes.
See how far you get the first time.
Then stand slowly and raise your knee behind you and stretch your quads out thoroughly.
Then try to touch your toes again.
You'll get further, I promise ;)
A few of these and those hammies will be feeling limber! Try it!

You're all still a joke!!
Bitch rant....blah blah blah

etc etc
so on and so forth....

lol

Last edited:
I did a few years of Taekwondo. Got full side splits easy, but still had/have terrible hammy and glute flexibility. I'm hoping my RDLs will help.

Hmm that is bit difficult can be harm you if u do without practice. I also use occasionally because i face problem to do more often. You really lie on the world in an begin access, and increase your leg up and slimmer against the access appearance.......