• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Proactive fucked my skin help?

pumpiniron

I know this should be on a skincare website but i just wondered if anyone here with any knowledge could help thanx.

My face is usually not bad with acne, just a couple under my chin sometimes. I started using vitamin e moisturizer cause i thought it would help with skin tone, anyway i started breaking out alot worse with more acne *sigh* so i tried proactive for a few days and i woke up with extremely dry burning skin, and even more pimpes are on my face WHAT THE FUCK. this was 2 days ago and my skin is peelin pritty bad where i have applied it. This shit is pissing me off and ruining my confidence, i have the shittiest skin aye. Where do i go from here? any help would be appreciated thanx.

p.s i have stopped using the vitamin e cream and proactive

acne is caused by a build up of sebum on the face
apply emu oil every night (leave it on while you sleep) and change your pillow casing every day
Don't forget to wash it off in the morning

The active ingredient is salicylic acid in most pimple/face washes, it reduces sebum (oil) that causes pimples. Rinse your face with cool water and pat (don't wipe) dry. 2 days or so the dryness/flakiness will go away as the acid will have been washed from pours.
Keep facial product to a minimum, if you reduce sebum on your face your body will compensate by producing more, so its best to rinse with water a few times a day and pat dry. This allows the body to produce sebum at a natural rate and you can keep it out of hair follicles by patting dry with a clean paper towel.
This worked well for me in my younger yrs of being a pimple face, my wife also suffered during her pregnancies and tried my suggestion, it worked for her too.

The active ingredient is salicylic acid in most pimple/face washes, it reduces sebum (oil) that causes pimples. Rinse your face with cool water and pat (don't wipe) dry. 2 days or so the dryness/flakiness will go away as the acid will have been washed from pours.
Keep facial product to a minimum, if you reduce sebum on your face your body will compensate by producing more, so its best to rinse with water a few times a day and pat dry. This allows the body to produce sebum at a natural rate and you can keep it out of hair follicles by patting dry with a clean paper towel.
This worked well for me in my younger yrs of being a pimple face, my wife also suffered during her pregnancies and tried my suggestion, it worked for her too.

So ur saying stop using any product for a few days? Then probly once every 2 days? Sorry mate forgive my stupidness.

apply emu oil every night (leave it on while you sleep) and change your pillow casing every day

thanx alot oni i will look into it.

I don't believe adding emu oil will help your problem skin, it may help with infection, but it won't reduce sebum production, so you will still suffer from pimples and therefore infection.
If you are terribly bad you can ask your doctor for antibiotics, this will reduce infection but still won't stop sebum production.

Your problem is an over production of facial oil (sebum) there is nothing you can do that will halt your body from producing it, but you can manage it by using fresh water to rinse your skin a few (3-5) times a day. Pat dry with paper towels. This will help your body to even out production.

You need to stop the use of product on the skin, this only gives short term results (days to weeks) than your body compensates and over produces sebum, making the issue worse than before. If you like you can use products for special occasions...say a wedding or something, use product a few days to a week beofre and your skin will clear up a bit, but than it will come back worse for a while before you even out again.

For now, just rinse with water for 2-3 days to clense your skin of the salicylic acid and you will be fine.

I don't believe adding emu oil will help your problem skin, it may help with infection, but it won't reduce sebum production, so you will still suffer from pimples and therefore infection.
If you are terribly bad you can ask your doctor for antibiotics, this will reduce infection but still won't stop sebum production.

Your problem is an over production of facial oil (sebum) there is nothing you can do that will halt your body from producing it, but you can manage it by using fresh water to rinse your skin a few (3-5) times a day. Pat dry with paper towels. This will help your body to even out production.

You need to stop the use of product on the skin, this only gives short term results (days to weeks) than your body compensates and over produces sebum, making the issue worse than before. If you like you can use products for special occasions...say a wedding or something, use product a few days to a week beofre and your skin will clear up a bit, but than it will come back worse for a while before you even out again.

For now, just rinse with water for 2-3 days to clense your skin of the salicylic acid and you will be fine.

Thanx alot mate, much appreciated.

hey man i think the active ingredient in proactive is benzoyl peroxide.
i personally found that chemical dried my skin out alot and didnt help much with my pimples.

these days i use stuff more salicylic acid based aka (BHA's)
i found this product in particular has changed my skin, like it glows now..
its actually on sale atm, worth a try- you might think $30 is expensive but its worth it, lasts a while and you only need a 20 cent sized amount.
Skinstitut Glycolic Cleanser 12% | Catwalk- Buy GHD Hair Straighteners, Dermalogica Products, Moroccan Oil

I use that ^ and a plain light moisturiser in the night..
In general try to use oil free moisturisers, and in the day use a moisturiser with 30+ sunscreen, especially if you are using anti acne products - your skin will be more sensitive to the sun.
this sunscreen is good
SunSense Daily Face SPF 30+

good luck. i find that as hard as it is.. dont squeeze pimples, and limit dairy product like milk.. drink enough water everyday and try taking flaxseed oil

benzyl peroxide. 2.5% (anything higher dries my skin) put on in the morning, wash face with cetaphil before hand. i usually wash my face with water again around 2-3 pm

apply before bed too.

only thing that saves my face turning into a pizza

An increase before a decrease can occur when using topical or oral medication.

I suggest reading through the information on this site
Acne | Acne treatments | Dermatologist | Acne Scars | Acne Skin Care | Acne Medication | Therapy

Important things to consider are

• causes
  • type of acne
  • treatments
  • myth busters
See your GP if you need more advice or if you think you might need prescription medication. They will either prescribe or refer you to a dermatologist depending on the severity

Hope this helps!

its actually a pretty harsh product
if your skin has dried right out, i would actually recommend a weird product - bepanthen. it's primary use is for nipples, but is used a lot to soothe new tattoos and burns (including chemical burns) due to its antiseptic properties.

Whassup GN1?

any way ...

get a topical cream like Epiduogel or something.. it works.

I stopped using anything, just washing my face 3-5 times a day, and washing it with cetapil in the shower before bed. My face is getting better.