• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rest/Recovery Days

craig

Banned
What are your opinions on the right balance of training and rest days? how many training days and rest days per week do you do ? :)

I currently work five on, two off - but I think it depends on a range of factors. Goals, intensity, split type, etc. My five day works well for me , but I wouldn't mind doing a two on, one off split. Occasionally I'll do a six day and work chest, legs, back, shoulders, arms, then have a power/cardio intensive day at the end.

The days you rest depends on your ability to recover from one workout to the next, it's up to you and how intense your workout is, and of course the duration is another factor to consider.

Right now I work out, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

This question sounds like a trap but I do 5 days a week with 3 on 1 off followed by 2 on 1 off. Of course it all depends the individual blah blah blah.

This question sounds like a trap but I do 5 days a week with 3 on 1 off followed by 2 on 1 off. Of course it all depends the individual blah blah blah.

I like the idea of this split; I was thinking of a two on, one off, two on, one off and repeat; but it then changes each week. Hmmm... Might try this split.

When I strength train i only train Mon/Wed/Fri.....Only did it for 2 months and results blew me away, I'm going back to it.

Come to think of it, both the beginner routine and the PPP routine gave me the best results I have ever had.....both were Mon/Wed/Fri.

I do tues, thur, sat. The rest is just relaxing. I do full body every workout. I've a 4 day split with different levels of load and I alternate shoulders/chest and tris/bic every workout. Also the 4 days are pretty much 2 days, just the 2 first days are low reps heavy weights and the later 2 are high reps.

It's kind of derived from starting strength, 5x5 workouts, but with a bit of BB spin on it. I wanted to give it a shot for many years as I got great result from 5x5 workouts, but my arms and shoulders were lagging behind. So far I've been getting good results and I might start a log here...

I generally lift 5 days a week - Mon - Friday on a 5 days split and then the weekends try to get in a couple of cardio sessions, like doing the "1000" steps a couple fo times sat morning and a mountain bike for a couple hours on sunday. But i do my legs on Weds so they generally get a reasonable break.

But because of the activity i do i generally try to get some good food into me with enough rest for the body to recover and then every couple of months i will have a complete week off where i wont do anything.

What are your opinions on the right balance of training and rest days? how many training days and rest days per week do you do ? :)
There's no set rule. You can train 7 days per week, increasing and decreasing the intensity as you go along for as long as you're able to recover and make the progress that you're seeking.

Fadi.

There's no set rule. You can train 7 days per week, increasing and decreasing the intensity as you go along for as long as you're able to recover and make the progress that you're seeking.

Fadi.

This is pretty much it, listen to your body and it will tell you when it has had enough and you need a break, and break can come in different forms, such as a change in intensity or a complete layoff for a preriod of time.