• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids and Your Health

O.N.

How damaging do you think steroids are to your health long and short term?

What problems do you think steroids are causing you long and short term?

Reported some results recently, clincal notes seroid use for >5 years

His testosterone is 5
His hcg is below detectable limits <0.5
the tests were part of an infertility investigation

Maybe he did it all wrong???

So 70 people have viewed this thread now and many people on this board are using or have used steroids and have nothing to say about what the possible health risks are associated to what you are injecting or swallowing......

So 70 people have viewed this thread now and many people on this board are using or have used steroids and have nothing to say about what the possible health risks are associated to what you are injecting or swallowing......

I don't take them.....or know enough about them to make an informed comment. I would say use the search tool bar option as there is allot of info in there regarding this topic. I remember a thread not to long ago about it.

Graeme

mate anyone that takes drugs, setriods....DOnt care about the long/short term heath effects.

They see the benifit and justify it that way.

If your cluey enough.... there are many products taken along with your chosen steroid to Counter diffrent problems that may/will prop up along the way.

Problems?
I am using testosterone (250mg e10d), and have been for a long time.

I have found:
Increased libido.
Better sense of well being.
No longer depressed.
No longer weigh 69kg
More muscle mass
No longer lathargic
And just feeling great in general.

I get bloods done every 2-3 months, I am 110% perfect.
I also use HCG, to maintain testicular size, function and sterility.
I also use Arimidex as needed to keep my e2 in check.

Maybe instead of coming in here with a closed mind that steroids are evil, do a bit of research and find some info out for yourself.

Problems?
I am using testosterone (250mg e10d), and have been for a long time.

I have found:
Increased libido.
Better sense of well being.
No longer depressed.
No longer weigh 69kg
More muscle mass
No longer lathargic
And just feeling great in general.

I get bloods done every 2-3 months, I am 110% perfect.
I also use HCG, to maintain testicular size, function and sterility.
I also use Arimidex as needed to keep my e2 in check.

Maybe instead of coming in here with a closed mind that steroids are evil, do a bit of research and find some info out for yourself.

After having juiced myself for over 10 years i really don't need to be schooled i was asking people on here if they knew the risks they were taking.

Yeah after doing what i have done for the past 10 years i have changed my mind about steroids.

Here is a simple thing in which even the closed minded will understand.

When you get on cycle, your LH shuts down....no big deal right? get on HCG keep the leydig cells doing something and bingo your nuts will still function when you get off cycle.....but what else?

Well the body see's things differently you have an excess of testosterone in your system, this is the reason why it shuts down LH production to try to rebalance the body in to the normal homeostasis state. So the next thing the body does is it clears out your good cholesterol.....no big deal some people might say......it clears it out because good cholesterol is the hormone that testosterone is converted into from. And when you have low levels of good cholesterol or in most steroid users case fuck all to none you have high levels of bad cholesterol.

Good cholesterol in the simplest explanation clears out bad cholesterol and bad cholesterol is responsible for clogging arteries, hardening the heart and arteries. So next time you jab your ass with that needle have a think about your health and how steroids are killing your good cholesterol and ultimately leading to some form of heart disease. The body clears out this good cholesterol when on cycle on a daily basis as it is always trying to return your body to normal.

Here is a list of a few pro's......remember these are the ones that made the news.....think about how many didn't make the news.

Dead bodybuilders all with heart related complications.

Mike Mentzer died 2001 age 49 heart complications
Ray Mentzer died 2001 age 47 Berger's disease(build-up of cholesterol plaques in the arteries), endocarditis (an infection of the lining of the heart)
Robert Benavente 2004 age 30 massive heart attack
Charles Durr 2005 age 44 enlarged heart
Don Youngblood 2005 age 51 massive heart attack
Fannie Barrios 2005 age 41 (female) apparent stroke
Eduardo Kawak 2006 age 47 heart attack
Rob Sager 2007 age 29 HEART FAILURE
Greg Deferro 2007 age 53 heart disease
Dan Puckett 2007 age 22 heart condition
Luke Wood 2011 age 35 kidney failure and blood clot
Derrick Whitsett 2004 age 38 heart attack
Trevor Smith 2004 age 33 No official cause but he was 400lbs 6ft 1"
Curtis Leffler 1998 age 36 heart attack
Hans Hopstaken 2002 age 45 unspecified heart condition, or pnuemonia
Art Atwood 2011 age 38 heart attack
Bj johns 1995-1996? age 34 New Zealand Heart attack
lou barrie 2001 age 40 died instantly after a massive heart
Claudia Bianchi 2004 age 34 blocked arteries
Big Boss Man' Ray Traylor 2004 age 41 heart attack
Luke Iams 2003 age unsure 40's heart attack
Anthony Clark 2005 age 39 massive heart attack
Mannie Hamilton 2005 age 62 heart attack
John Ware 2005 Age 46 (former PLer; current football coach) heart attack
Doug Young, 2005 age 61, powerlifter massive heart attack
Norm Dabish, 2005 age 46, Co-founder of Powerhouse Gyms. heart attack
Herb Glossbrenner, 2005 age 63, suffers stoke
Eddie Guerrero, 2005 age 38. acute heart failure due to arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (artery wall thickens as a result of the accumulation of fatty materials such as cholesterol)
Russ Knipp 2006 age 63 heart attack

Of these 29 people taken from our beloved sport the average age was 42.93
May they rest in peace and we learn from their mistakes.

Also when you are getting blood tests done be sure to test for both LDL and HDL testing your total cholesterol level is not enough and this is usually what most doctors will test for......this result is always going to be false ie you have fuck all good cholesterol and high bad cholesterol the total count is going to look normal but when testing the individual LDL and HDL it tells the real story.

Last edited:
How many of those guys were running 1g, 2g or 5g of oils, in combination with orals, peptides and HGH?

Now how many are running those kind of cycles on this board?

Zero.

How many of those guys were running 1g, 2g or 5g of oils, in combination with orals, peptides and HGH?

Now how many are running those kind of cycles on this board?

Zero.

i have the following blood test when i was testing the strength of some sus250 i had, this was ONLY 1mls per week for 2 weeks.

ok the blood test i did 5/Aug/2009:

Testosterone 37nmol/L (8.3-29) Above normal
SHBG 8nmol/L (11-71) Below Normal
free testosterone 192.3pmol/L (25-120) Above Normal

LH <1 IU/L (1-8) result less than 1 IU unmeasurable proves i was on cycle
FSH <1 IU/L (1-8) result less than 1 IU unmeasurable proves i was on cycle

HDL Cholesterol 0.6mmol/L (>1.0) below normal should be above 1.0
LDL Cholesterol 3.9mmol/L (2.1-4.0) right below the maximum of the normal range of 4....Bad
Cholesterol/HDL-C Ratio 8.7 (<5.0) well above the normal ratio....bad

This blood test was done on only 1ml of sus250 for only 2 weeks.....I'd hate to see what it would look like taking more and for a longer period of time. ie 2mls per week and for 4-6 weeks so the gear would actually have a chance to peak in my system.

As i said before gear kills your good cholesterol and yes like you for the last 10 years i justified my use to myself over and over and over but at the end of the day this "shit" is rusting you out from the inside out. You look great on the outside but on the inside it isn't the case.

Last edited:
Awesome.

So the point of this thread was.... To warn people that steroid abuse can be dangerous? And to think about the consequences?

Everybody knows it mate, and people are still going to cycle.
The best we can do is advise them how to do it as safe ad possible.

Awesome.

So the point of this thread was.... To warn people that steroid abuse can be dangerous? And to think about the consequences?

Everybody knows it mate, and people are still going to cycle.
The best we can do is advise them how to do it as safe ad possible.

well the point is alot of people yourself included are not getting your bloods done correctly ie you said bloods are always 110% i'd love for you to post up a hard copy of your HDL/LDL and then we can see if they are always 110% because 100% guaranteed they are not 110% your HDL will be very low if you have any at all and your LDL will be high as you have very little to no HDL to clear out your LDL.

Smoking doesn't kill you today or tomorrow and neither will steroids but they both will shorten your life.

Well from someone with a testosterone deficiency, I can honestly say I disagree.

The effects of high testosterone way out weigh any sides from low testosterone.

I'll get full bloods done and post here once I get them.

My endo is among the top (if not the best) in this country..... I'm sure he knows what he is on about.

Well from someone with a testosterone deficiency, I can honestly say I disagree.

The effects of high testosterone way out weigh any sides from low testosterone.

I'll get full bloods done and post here once I get them.

My endo is among the top (if not the best) in this country..... I'm sure he knows what he is on about.

Maybe you should have a look at what you can get your blood levels to naturally.

Here is a blood test we got in from someone who like you had low test levels, he originally scored 9nmol/L then 30 days later 27nmol/L normal lab range 8-28nmol/L

test11.jpg

Res100 Reviews and Blood Tests

All done naturally with only res100

I am sure you endo is like all other endo's and very good at prescribing drugs and not looking deeper for the cause of the problem.
It's very easy to fix a problem with drugs, but like all drugs everything has an opposite reaction.

Last edited:
I happy with my endo, not just some bro on the Internet.

We have exhausted many options, hrt was last resort.

Either way, this is a forum for people wanting to use PEDs, and you can choose to try and convince them not to, or you can help them do it as safe as possible.

What other options did your endo do before he put you on steroids?

You didnt answer my question mate.

After having juiced myself for over 10 years i really don't need to be schooled i was asking people on here if they knew the risks they were taking.

Yeah after doing what i have done for the past 10 years i have changed my mind about steroids.

How old are you?

i don't see the relevance my age has on this entire thread talking about steroids and your health or what other options your endo did before he/she put you on TRT.
But I am 28 hope that helps contribute to whatever you need to compile about steroids and your health.

So, you ran gear for 10 years, and started as a teen.....
If your suffering the negative sides from steroid abuse, I can think of what could have been a contributing factor.
There is a reason it's recommended you wait till your mid 20's.

Either way, you chose a path, and if you are suffering sides now because of it, you have no choice but to walk it.

I'm primary hypogpnadism. My treatments are irrelevant to this thread, search the net if you like.

Still interesting to see all those bodybuilders dying so young (before 50). If they were 'pros' guess they were on a lot of shit. I'd say steroids aren't the best for you lol, but if your gonna live past 70, chances are your gonna have problems at some point.