• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how many cross fitters frequent Ausbb?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Not wanting to get into a debate of crossfit or the pro's or cons of it , just curious how many members do cross fit

I will be continuing crossfit after comp, a good WOD for cardio response weight training any day!

Used to, never again. I'm still qualified to instruct it.

But I've been thinking about competing in it after following different training to get a comparison on fitness level.

lol does that answer your question :p

(Perhaps some are afraid to say because it cops a lot on these forums?)

I follow CrossFit Football, which I don't see as mainstream CrossFit at all. It just uses the "CrossFit" name to gain greater exposure, it's nothing like the mainstream site.

Its main aim is to create bigger, stronger & faster athletes by emphasising strength through a linear progression programming. The strength portion of the workouts are the same sets & rep scheme every week. Only difference is the conditioning workouts, which change on a day to day basis.

I follow it because I want to be bigger, stronger & faster. I use to just lift for strength with rarely any conditioning (just on the odd occasion when I could be fucked) until I realized that I was becoming a fat fuck and now after following the programming exclusively for the last 6 weeks, I've dropped a couple of kilo's and gotten myself into some sort of respectable fitness level.

I know I don't have to follow it, could've just thrown in some conditioning, but I enjoy the variety of the workouts and they're pretty tough as well. I also really love NFL, and in my own mind can just pretend I'm training to be the next Clay Matthews.

Good on you spitzy. Im a big fan of CFFB.

Crossfits definition according to HQ is (amongst other things) constantly varied. CFFB is not constantly varied and therefore not CF. It has a heavy (pun) stength emphasis and is mainly structured speed and agility work. Its the same training john welbourn was doing whilst he was a superbowl level player. He played for 10 years, a feat shared by very few which he attributes to his strength and conditioning levels.