• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Pre-bridal weight loss fad

kaz

iLift
A controversial new diet that sees devotees swapping food for fluids delivered through a feeding tube is becoming popular among brides-to-be in the US. It is expected that it won't take long until it catches on in Australia.

Women on the 10-day K-E diet, which costs $1500, have a tube inserted via the nose, providing fat, protein and water to the body.

The patient is not supposed to eat solid food during the diet, instead sustaining themselves by carrying around a shopping bag filled with protein rich fluids, which is linked up to the nasal tube.

The drip delivers 800 calories a day but Dr Oliver Di Pietro, who advocates the extreme weight loss solution, said people on the diet would not feel hungry.

"Within a few hours your hunger and appetite go away completely, so patients are actually not hungry at all for the whole then days," Dr Di Pietro said.

Dr Di Petro said the diet could cause lack of energy, bad breath, constipation and was potentially dangerous for people with kidney issues.

But psychologists have warned that dropping weight too quickly can be mentally traumatic.

Psychoanalyst Bethany Marshall of Beverly Hills told ABC News it was also not guaranteed those who lost weight on the diet could keep it off.

"If you lose the weight too quickly your mind is not going to be able to catch up with a newer, skinnier you," Dr Marshall said.

Some brides-to-be opt for the surgery because they say they don't have time to exercise in the frenzied lead up to the big day.

Jessica Schnaider, 41, from Surfside, Florida said she shed about 5kg in just eight days after going on the diet.

"It was emotionally difficult," she told ABC News.

"And sometimes I had to give excuses to people who were asking are you sick? And I was like, "No, I'm not sick, I'm not dying, I'm fine."'

Thoughts? Downright stupid? Or harmless quick weightloss solution....

What kind of mental retards think up stupid stuff like this, all it is is for the person selling it to make money they don't give a crap if the bride loses weight.

Idiotic IMO

$1500 for temporary weightloss of up to 10kgs, living on 800 calories..... Wouldn't you just feel like shit on your wedding day?

$1500 for temporary weightloss of up to 10kgs, living on 800 calories..... Wouldn't you just feel like shit on your wedding day?

You even more so that he says you might get mental side effects, my sister in law lost 3 dress sizes in 2 weeks before her wedding without a fad, and my wife lost about 5kg. This stupid 'diet' if that's what you'd call it is just asking for trouble.

How ridiculous. Honestly this crap is becoming way too extreme.

How about you get to a healthy, realistic and ideal weight and work at remaining there your entire life??

What is this shit about becoming an anorexic bride, fake tanning it up and shit? I don't get it. Someday, when I grow up and get married (if that ever happens) I would prefer to look like ME on my wedding day. Not some malnourished oompa loompa version of myself that my future children will one day find in photographs and say "Mummy, that looks nothing like you!" lol

faaarrrkkkk insanity IMO

I am not going to get into this, but simply say this is just another idiot fad thought up by some money grabbing moron.....

I went to a wedding once and thought the bride was at the wrong church when she walked down the isle. Normally pale white girl was spray tanned to a deep orange. I honestly didn't recognise her.

I went to a wedding once and thought the bride was at the wrong church when she walked down the isle. Normally pale white girl was spray tanned to a deep orange. I honestly didn't recognise her.

See what I mean!!?? :eek: lol

ugrh, just gimme a pretty dress and some flowers in my hair - I'm a simple gal lol

I didn't diet for my wedding, I didn't get a spray tan. Had my hair done, nails done, make up done and threw on my dress and heels and I was done!

Any guy marrying one of these just got a perfect warning and should leave the country to get away from them. You can't spend your life with someone that stupid.