• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Migraine Sufferers

kaz

iLift
Any other Migraine or serious headache sufferers in Ausbb?
How often?
What triggers them?
Symptoms you get prior?
Symptom during?

Any other Migraine or serious headache sufferers in Ausbb? Yes
How often? Used to be once every 2-3 weeks, now maybe..... once every 2-3 months?
What triggers them? Stress apparently, direct light into my eyes for an extended period "off a car window or something like that" or generally when im feeling good about something happening the next day ill wake up with one...
Symptoms you get prior? blurred and spotty vision, can't focus.
Symptom during? Throwing up, headache, blurred vision, balance is fucked, ears feel blocked, light sensitive (takes my eyes ages to adjust) sweats... probably missing some but you get the idea.

See above.

Goo that sounds terrible mate.
Only ever had a couple of migraines, bloody awful. Not too sure what sparked them.
Had some terrible headaches for last week, bloody wisdom teeth giving me the shits.

All my family suffers with migraine headaches, I've only ever had one or two in my life.
One was because of my wisdom tooth, I can still remember how I felt.
The other was from a hangover.

Ive suffered since early 20's. My worst migraine lasted a week, lost the feeling in my face for a few days. Never worked out what causes mine, but the day before im usually tired and irritated, even with good sleep.

I once participated in a university "experiment", 6 weeks on a tablet, 2 weeks off 6 weeks on a placebo. They dont tell you which 6 weeks they are giving you you the experimental drug. In the 2 week gap I had the worst migraine of my life. I can only assume the first block was the drug, never got to see the results but it was aimed at migraine prevention.

Migraine prevention would be either taking "inderall" or something similar - Lowers blood pressure or go to a chiropractor and get your neck cracked... Apparently does some good as well.

Yeah I get them...

Probably only about 2-3 a year now thankfully though. I've learnt to keep my stress under control by putting stuff in perspective. I can feel my body bringing on a migraine if I push myself too hard.

Symptoms are obvious. At outset I get the halo vision with the white circle at edge of vision which slowly closes down to centre of vision. At that stage the nausea and headache kicks in.

I've learnt to feel the halo coming on and step back from what I'm doing. If possible, I go and lie down in a dark room. If the halo still happens, then there's no dodging the migraine. At that stage I pop some of my Nurofen Migraine Pain capsules which I carry with me everywhere then go lie down somewhere dark and ride it out. A few hours later and I'm into headache mode but the capsules have limited the impact. I can usually then stand up and walk around but never drive. If I get a migraine I have to get a lift home.

They suck but are part of my life now.

Cheers,
Mike

I get a migraine every 4 months or so.

They're bought on by stress. Whether 'life stressors' or environmetal stressors.

I get that stabbing pain in my eyes and I know it aint going to be good. Blurred vision, spots or the halo Mike referred to. Terrible nausea, my equilibrium is definitely shot (no balance) my ears sometimes hum or ache and I have to lay down immediately.

I am also incredibly hyper sensitive to noise of any kind and light. And the sheer pressure in my head feels overwhelming. Sometimes I throw up, sometimes I don't. It depends on the severity.

Sophie's come to know when Mummy has a sore head. Because I go pale and clammy, I get a white ring around my lips, and under my eyes goes incredibly dark. They come on for the most part without warning. But in reflection, it's usually at a time of great stress and when I'm incredibly run down.

I go to my room, pull the blinds and shut the door. And come to think of it, I usually sleep right away. I think my body knows the only way out of the migrain is to switch everything in the body off or at least into auxillary mode.

It's like re-booting a computer? lol

99% of the time, thankfully, I wake up, and it's gone.

I get tension headaches about once every few months. I believe its from lack of nutrition and my sleeping position.

Not trying to be a dick but what were you trying to achieve out of this thread? A migrains a migrain, everyone's describing the same symptoms.

Where you just seeing who else gets them??

Not trying to be a dick but what were you trying to achieve out of this thread? A migrains a migrain, everyone's describing the same symptoms.

Where you just seeing who else gets them??

Yeah man, see how common they are and how crippling they can get.
Probably more interested to see what triggers them for others as mine just come ot of the blue.
A friend of mine has migraines triggered by certain foods, I can see here others are triggered by stress. Neither of these trigger mine.

Yeah man, see how common they are and how crippling they can get.
Probably more interested to see what triggers them for others as mine just come ot of the blue.
A friend of mine has migraines triggered by certain foods, I can see here others are triggered by stress. Neither of these trigger mine.

I get two kinds. The pain is the same but the other symptoms are different and the cause is different.

1. Sinus migraines ...severe pain, light is BAD. I know I'm getting one when allergies are bad and i start to get an odd nauseous feeling as well as pain around the eyes and on the bridge of my nose. Migrates to around ears.

2. Muscle tension migraines ...from my left shoulder (the shoulder that just keeps on "giving"). Pain is above and around eyes and usually also goes up from my neck to the temporal lobe.

Not traditional strobe, stress, or hormonal migraines.
Can't take anything for mine either.

Why is this?
I have had to have Pethidene shots and treat the bad ones with mercyndol. Last one I had no drugs in the house and took Dental Fiorlan, put me in a happy place.

Those drugs are for "proper" migraines. Because mine are muscle tension related or sinusitus related, those drugs are not effective (tried one or two...bad reaction).

Pseudoephedrine fuelled sudafed/panadol work for the sinus ones but also give me tachychardia ... so .... I just lie down in a dark room for a while until the worst of it passes.
Unless I'm working and then I usually go to meetings, give presentations etc all with a face that's an interesting shade of grey/green/pasty :(

Tried all sorts of drugs for mine, no good. Pethadine, mercyndol, nurofen, ibuprofen, panadine forte (lol).

A good old fashioned 14hr nap normally sorts it.

In saying that I haven't had one for at least a year. Touch wood :p

Never found out what they were brought on by - food doesn't vary too much, never been stressed in my life, always get good amount of sleep, etc. I think it's just a genetic thing that can happen - some get them some dont. Lots of people think their headache is a migraine and these people annoy me.

Sleep is the best but they can be that painful sometimes you need something strong enough to take the edge off and knock you out!
14hrs of sleep is massive!

I got them alot, due to having a slightly turned right eye, hardly noticable, but when at uni or school, and focusing on my work right in front me then looking up at the lecture screen it would take a while to adjust, in turn giving me a massive migraine after a half hour or so. To remedy this i just dont go to lectures anymore. =D

Pre-workout's also do pretty well in fixing headaches, so if its keeping you from training, smash a good pre and see how you feel at the gym.

I used to get them ALOT now it's every now and then, no idea what the cause is. But it feels like someone is squeezing and pushing my eyeballs out of my head, if I get up to fast I get dizzy and have to sit back down. The only things that have helped to date, are sleep and nurofen + which doesn't always work 100%.