• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Body Type Are You?

What Body Type Are You

• Ectomorph

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mesomorph

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Endomorph

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Bella

Babycakes
Do you now what body shape you are?

body type men.jpg

body type woman.jpg
Endomorph:

An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph:

A Mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Ectomorph:

Ectomorphs should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

History

In the 1940s, Dr. William H. Sheldon introduced the theory of Somatypes. His theory described three basic human body types: the endomorph, characterized by a preponderance of bodyfat; the mesomorph, marked by a well-developed musculature; and the ectomorph, distinguished by a lack of either much fat or muscle tissue. He did also state that most people were a mixture of these types.

becker3e.jpg

Dr. William H. Sheldon (1898-1977)—A Forgotten Giant of American Psychology.

Sheldon's description of three body types has become an integral part of most literature on weight loss, fitness and bodybuilding.
The three body types are further described below.

Ectomorph:

• Fragile
  • Thin
  • Flat chest
  • Delicate build
  • Young appearance
  • Tall
  • Lightly muscled
  • Stoop-shouldered
  • Large brain
  • Has trouble gaining weight
  • Muscle growth takes longer
Mesomorph:

• Athletic
  • Hard, muscular body
  • Overly mature appearance
  • Rectangular shaped (hourglass shaped for women)
  • Thick skin
  • Upright posture
  • Gains or loses weight easily
  • Grows muscle quickly
Endomorph:

• Soft body
  • Flabby
  • Underdeveloped muscles
  • Round shaped
  • Over-developed digestive system
  • Trouble losing weight
  • Generally gains muscle easily
Conclusion

When you know which type you are (or which mixture) and diet and exercise correctly for that type, you will make much better progress.
While some women may think that Kate Moss is the ideal, from a fitness view point she really isn't. And many women who tend to be endomorphic will save themselves much suffering by not striving to change themselves into ectomorphs, it's not going to happen. Conversly a true ectomorph who wishes to be a Sumo wrestler would also be in for a big disappointment.

Your goal should be to look as close as possible to (or stay looking like) a mesomorph. With the correct exercise and diet this can be attainable, and while you may be a bit upset that you have to work hard to look good while the true mesomorph looks that way naturally, at least you will still be fit and look good. And even the mesomorph will find as he/she gets older that some exercise and diet is needed if they want to continue to look good and be fit.

Ecto / Meso mix i guess. Tall and thin but gain / lose quickly when im consistent / inconsistent with my training and food.

Well I think most of us are a mixture.

Although I'm still not quite sure what my end result will be????

I think I may be the fourth, undiscovered body type.....with no arse :D

shudup lol

I do weighted squats and lunges and glute bridge raises....

The beauty is...I'm designing my own arse because it is definitely a flat canvas :D

And I will post pics when booty recomp is complete...ohhhh hell yes I will!

you mad?

lol

i thought perhaps i used to be an endo.... but pretty sure i a meso.. always had larger wider shoulders and frame than most, but yeah a fatter not super lean meso anyway.

backsquats have a different CNS response than other types of squats.
CNS response = body says "make everything awesome!" and it listens.

Think I am somewhere in between endo and meso, although the more I lift and look after my diet I would think I am more on the me so side of things it seems to be too much indulging in the wrong food or more accurately drink that turns me more towards the endo side....

Ecto for sure. I lose weight easily but gaining is very slow, say 1-2lb a month. It's usually lean gain although I'm developing some padding on my tummy lately :(

A bulky meso at the moment. Somatotypes aren't an exact science though. Feel sorry for Endo's, really do. I've trained a few and shit it's a tough gig.

Not to say hard ecto's don't have it tough either.

Narrow shoulder
Narrow hip
Long arm
Short torso
Barrel chested
No arse to speak of apparently (shapely but small)

WTF is that? Orangutan ?