• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ronnie Coleman Sperm Donor

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
ARLINGTON — Former Arlington police officer Ronnie Coleman is an eight-time Mr. Olympia winner. But he believes it was a moment of weakness when he agreed to donate sperm so a friend could have a baby.

"Wasn't nothing written down," Coleman said. "We'd been friends 14 years at the time. I never thought it would come to what it came to."

Coleman said he used a California sperm bank in 2006, and made it clear he wanted only to be a donor — not a parent.

But he said he soon received demands for child support for the two surviving triplets after the sperm recipient gave birth.

"I feel betrayed in a way," Coleman said.

Coleman, who has two young children with his girlfriend, said he's paid many thousands of dollars in child support payments to the other woman, along with about $400,000 in legal fees to free himself from those payments.

A California court of appeals recently ruled in his favor. We were unable to reach the woman's attorney.

"I think what's happened is, medicine has advanced much faster than the law has advanced," said Arlington attorney Lauren Duffer.

She handles complicated paternity cases. Duffer said the contracts for donors should be extensive, with clear intent at every step in the process.

"The main thing is medical professionals and legal professionals communicating," Duffer said.

As for Ronnie Coleman, he said the financial strain has nearly broken him. And he said he would never even consider being a sperm donor in the future.

Arlington sperm donor wins appeal, won't pay child support | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Holy shit! :eek:

It's true, the law hasn't caught up yet with all this sperm donor business.

When I lived in NY, a good male friend of mine, donated sperm (ala turkey baster style) to lesbian friends, he'd been friends with one of them his entire life.

He didn't want to be a father mind you, but to help a couple have a baby.

Well lesbians split up under strain of newborn child. His lifetime friend took him to court and sued him for child support...and won :eek:

That was back in 2004.

I believe the courts overturned their decision in 2011, but by that stage he was pretty destitute and had grown to love the little girl (who as he was paying for her, he decided to have visitation with) lol

Long story short. He still pays, because he now considers her his daughter.

But may this be a lesson to you blokes. Don't give up your tadpoles, unless you have a iron clad agreement in place with the receiving party!

In Australia, the law on this still has alot of catching up to do as well.

And let's not even go into the laws on surrogacy :eek:

omggggggg

Good post Graeme! Poor Ronnie!

You can't trust your friends they will stab you in the back before anyone else will . Just saying lol