• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your goals - RIGHT NOW!

Bella

Babycakes
With all the general discussion about this place becoming more like facebook than a BB'ing forum, I thought I'd like to ask this question : What are your fitness goals, right now? All of you?

I would say the vast majority of members are not aspiring to be competitive bb'ers - but to get fitter, stronger, hit pb's and maybe even, like me, lose weight? We do have a strong strength section, thats for sure.

I'm also aware, after reading a gazillion threads, that bb'ing and strength training is often combined for many of our members anyway, to assist them in strength gains and conditioning/contouring.

So I'll start, I don't plan to compete, I have zero interest in competing in anything to do with the body. But I am working on losing my last 20-25kg and getting stronger, leaner and fitter...AND building muscle and strong bones.

What are your goals? Right now?

Some members are partaking in the Ausbb body transformation challenge, some are working towards PL'ing competitions, some are getting back into peak condition for competitive bb'ing. Others are recovering from injury/personal situations and waiting to start to slowly ease back into training and still others.....are sitting in the bleachers, hoping something gets their arse off the seat for them, to spurr them on. And there are those, who can't train and come here for inspiration/advice and information...and lastly, are our lurkers, looking for a home for their idea's and their aspirations and to be supported in their own journey's...

Whatever your goal may be...list it here, in black and white, to remind you, to spurr you on and to allow you to take stock of where you're at and where you'd like to be.

We're all here to become a better, stronger, fitter version of ourselves and there is a wealth of knowledge right here, a plethora of idea's and support from those who freely give it, without judgement or condemnation. We all do things slightly differently, but can each speak from experience on 'some' things.

Sometimes we are the teacher, sometimes we are the student...but in the end, we are all people too and that is why this forum, is a great one :)

What are your goals, right now, in this moment? Share them and remind yourself along the way ;)

/go

well done.jpg

To have a decent physique. No interest in powerlifting, bb contests, getting ridiculously hyooge, taking steroids...any of that shit.

I just wanna enjoy the process of training to make a better version of myself. I don't wanna be like the majority of middle aged fat ass blokes you see out there. I want to be better.

Right now is to lose the last 2-3kg and complete my cut.

Then will reset new goals. Prolly to remain under 95% with visible abs.

Also to deadlift 220' :)

at least 200/100/200 by the end of the year. that will give me a 500 total, would of liked to get 500 while i am 16 but its unlikely, ill still give it a decent go, but im not going to force it. last comp b4 i turn 17 on the 31st of oct will be "starting strength" - sept 16th. just over 5 months to gain about 50kg on my total.... hmmmmm we will have to wait and see lol

should get the 200 dl at the next comp, so anything after that will bring the goal of getting 500 easier on the other lifts, so hopefully DL takes off and makes crazy gains :D lol

next comp is june 10th. looking for something like 180/95/200 - 475 that would be nice, anything more is great, anything less ill still be moving forwards, so cant complain. :)

Strange as it may seem, my sole aim at present is to build a back that I can respect. I've trained for 20+ years and competed several times and have never had a decent back. I've deadlifted 200kg for reps, bent rowed up to 140 blah blah and my back has always been shit so I started blaming genetics. About 18 months ago I got sick of doing that and started from scratch. Pull ups by the dozen, light bent rows and light deadlifts aiming for a strong contraction and finally getting a bit of feel. I think it's actually working, I'm getting a bit of thickness which has always lacked so more of the same is in store.

I have just built myself a unilateral pulldown, based very loosely on Hammer Strength so now I can hit it some more.

Short term goal would be just to get back to 100% fitness and intensity with my training, stay injury free and compete in a few comps throughout the year...

Long term goal = Rio 2016.

Short term goal = Get Cut before July 1st.
Longer term goal = Reach 100 bench, 140 squat, 200 deadlift by 2013.
Long term goal = 80kg+ <10% bf.
Longgg term goal = Stay fit for as long as possible.

Pretty simple at the moment, drop down to 95kg and then reasses, sitting between 98 and 100 so shouldn't be too hard with a little disaplin.

steady up on the weight gain, then get back to 8% by September. But in the meantime, hit 100kg on my squat and 120kg bench.

I guess to be more specific, numbers don't bother me. I want to be strong, feel strong and look strong.

Lets make this thread a little more serious, goals have to be SMART.

Specific eg a certain lift
Measurable eg number of kilos
Attainable eg how will you actually get there
Relevant eg is linked to or is part of your big picture
Timed eg within your chosen limit eg 12months

Who's game?

Lets make this thread a little more serious, goals have to be SMART.

Specific eg a certain lift
Measurable eg number of kilos
Attainable eg how will you actually get there
Relevant eg is linked to or is part of your big picture
Timed eg within your chosen limit eg 12months

Who's game?

lol

wingers....you don't need to see the whole staircase....you just need to take the first step ;) Mr Martin Luther King Jnr, was a clever man.

Good goals, everyone :)

Work on starting strength program until it no longer works for me. Get my home *** setup finished.
A lot more bag and flexibility work.

My goal at the start of the year was to get competent in the oly lifts, and snatch 60kg before the year's out. I also entered into the body transformation contest with the goal of being about the same size, but chiselled rather than cushiony.

Over the last couple months, life has seriously bitch-slapped me in the face. Up until this week, my ability to do much more than keep active was shot to hell. I've abandoned my oly lifting goals, at least for the time being. I enjoy oly lifting, but to get in any semi-worthwhile practice on the lifts takes a LOT of time (seriously, I'd be doing snatches and snatch drills for an hour, then cleans and clean drills for an hour, then strength training for another hour), and ultiamtely I want to lift to enhance my life, not to put lifting ahead of my life.

Now that I'm in a better state to train for any purpose beyond keeping moving, I want to get my working sets for squats up to 100kg and deadlifts up to 140kg over the next 3-4 months (I'm doing 60kg and 100kg respectively right now; a conservative 2.5kg/week increase should get me there comfortably).

As far as the body transformation contest goes...I dunno, we'll just have to see how that pans out.

In general, I want to be healthy. I want my blood to pump freely, my bones to be strong and my cartillege to remain in tact. I want to be superstrong, too, but not at the expense of being healthy.