• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Balding remedies

Franco

I am starting to notice a little bit of a receding hairline. At 26 yrs of age, nothing scares me more than going bald. I’m not sure why, but I just dont think my head suits a Kelly Slater type no 1 all over.

So I did a little bit of research and have found a drug called Finasteride which seems to have a pretty high rate of hair regrowth or least a really high rate of hair retainment in men.

Has anyone heard of this drug or better had any experience with it? I believe it is a matter of getting a doctor’s prescription and the side effects seem to be quite small or in some cases non existent.

Appreciate any input.

I took finasteride for about a year many, many moons ago to try to stop going bald. What specifically would you like to know?

Does it work and are there any negative side affects? After a year you would have noticed a difference or not I assume.

Rogaine works. I have a friend who started to get really thin at 21 and has managed to keep a reasonable albeit thinish head of hair for over a decade. He still uses it today whilst others who haven't are balding.

Does it work and are there any negative side affects? After a year you would have noticed a difference or not I assume.

It's hard to tell. Definitely didn't regrow hair but it may have slowed the balding down. I read that a five year study showed that users still lost hair over that time but at a significantly slower rate.

As for side effects the main one was loss of libido - just didn't feel the need to breed. I recently read a news article where some guy has been left impotent - maybe permanently - after using finasteride. Can't remember the length of time he used but I remember thinking he used it for about the same time I did. Sucks to be him.

The other major side effect is it creates a serious lightness in your wallet region.

So it isn't a miracle drug but it can slow things down if you are prepared to take the risks.

After all the struggles with impemding baldness that I've watched my male friends & older brother go through & the thousands of dollars some have spent on remedies & Ashley & Martin & hair transplants & rogain (spell check) I really don't think there is anything to 'cure' or 'stop' balding.

On a more positive note, shaved heads are dead sexy. Put me in a crowded room & my eyes always seek out the guy with the shaved head! Its a primal thing. Savage & sexy! :p

After all the struggles with impemding baldness that I've watched my male friends & older brother go through & the thousands of dollars some have spent on remedies & Ashley & Martin & hair transplants & rogain (spell check) I really don't think there is anything to 'cure' or 'stop' balding.

On a more positive note, shaved heads are dead sexy. Put me in a crowded room & my eyes always seek out the guy with the shaved head! Its a primal thing. Savage & sexy! :p

Good day shop keep. How about if the gentleman looks like a stage 3 cancer patient with possible ice bugs on him?

Yeah not everyone has a good looking noggin. :mad:

damn you patrick stewart and sean connery! Damn you both to hell.

...This is more like rapey. Mix these 2
britney_spears_head_shaved.jpg

methhead.jpg

Completely agree. But I shaved it not long ago and it just doesn't suit me. Wish it did. I still have a decent head of hair atm so I'm just going to see how it goes.

^^^^^^^^ This!!

None of that stuff works, and for those that say it stopped them losing hair, they probably would not have lost it anyway.

best remedy for balding head; keep it short and get over it.

+1

my old man was bald by 25, same for both my grandfathers

I've kept to no.3 or no4 cuts since was 18, still have a full head of hair at 40.
(slightly receding hairline). Push saved shitloads on haircuts by having a decent set of clippers.