• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shapelle Corby set for early release

Should Shapelle Corby be granted early release?

• Total voters
Meh, she was guilty as fuck with today's laws but KungFooGoo doesn't think weed should be illegal in the slightest anyway.

Whether weed should be legal or not is irrelevant, KFG. When you're over someone else's house, you follow their rules. When you're in another country, you follow that country's laws.

She should be locked up and the key thrown away. Anyone who's been to Bali knows that their airport is plastered with "Drugs = Death penalty" posters. She's lucky to be in prison.

Whether weed should be legal or not is irrelevant, KFG. When you're over someone else's house, you follow their rules. When you're in another country, you follow that country's laws.

She should be locked up and the key thrown away. Anyone who's been to Bali knows that their airport is plastered with "Drugs = Death penalty" posters. She's lucky to be in prison.

Pretty much this....

Without turning this into a race war, one of the problems with the way Aussie society is going, we have our laws, however, we now see some of these laws starting to be changed to suit certain imigrants coming to the country, holidays being banned etc etc.

If i goto another country i obey their rules and laws pretty simple i would have throught....

I think the media jump on cases like this and the bali 9 - because they see some of these international laws as being barbaric and archaic.

Wingman is right, Bali, Indonesia, Thailand...all of these asian countries have posters plastered EVERYWHERE in their airports, you're advised on the plane and there are posters in the airports here when you're leaving Oz for overseas too...so these fools simply take the risk.

Are the penalties harsh? Fckn oath they are. If she was caught with that stash in Oz, she would have received a fine and been charged with intent to distribute but I doubt she would have had a jail sentence, being a first time offender.

In muslim nations, women are killed for having affairs - you steal and your hand is cut off. If you're a female and you show any part of your lady bits - you're literally lashed or stoned by key members of the community.

Archaic, absolutely and in many cases, insanely unjust.

But, they're the laws of that country and as a westerner, it's up to you to abide by them if you're travelling there.

Simple as that.

Shapelle has been away for this, for a long time. And by all media reports it's sending her a bit mental and I do feel for her...and every other westerner caught in the maze that is the legal system in these countries.

But she's very lucky she wasn't executed.

Last edited:
Part of me says yes to release, but she should be lucky she has escaped alive as Bella said, she could have been executed.....

I don't know much about law.

I am wondering... if shappelle were serving time here. Could she receive a lighter sentence because of mental instability?

Absolutely sookie.

If they extradited her to serve out to the remainder of her time in Oz, I can guarantee you, she wouldn't serve one more day in prison. lol

She would have got 2-3 years.....and a big fine.
Then be released for early parole sighting good behaviour.

however, we now see some of these laws starting to be changed to suit certain imigrants coming here..

Offtopic

I believe as society changes. laws need to change also. For example.
In most parts of the world Gay marriage was illegal 50 years ago. I reckon in a few years time, we will adopt immigrant laws around this subject making it legal.

Anyway
I understand shappelle would receive a lighter sentence here. But fact is. she was caught with drugs in a country who has serious penalties for drug related crimes.

I have not served time, but I can imagine its not a happy place to bekept in. With such a negative environment and your freedom taken away. your bond to develop some mental health issues.

I dont even understand why the Aus public, her family, aus government have a say in what happens to her....shes in another country, they have their rules, she broke them, she should deal with that....

If your that stupid to take drugs into/out of a country like that then you should have to deal with it...

Theres no way in this world that she didnt know the drugs were in her bag....

Leave her there!!

We already have enough junkies and and drug dealers in Australia.

seriously, its a bit of weed..

having the key thrown away is fucking way overt the top.

bring her home.. she has endured enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say release her, fuck Indonesia and their stupid 3rd world laws.

If we had some of those laws here, Australia might just be a better (safer) place to live:)

Why do we want her back here?? What would be the benefit to society in general??

If she comes back and we keep her locked up we have to pay for her expenses, if we let her out she will deal drugs to our kids, it's a lose/lose scenario!!!!

Last edited: