• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does my routine need more stabilisers?

Barry_

Yesterday switched over to a new routine:

Day 1

• 1x 30x Chin-Ups
  • 1x 10x Barbell Front-Squat with 45kg BB
  • 1x 20x (10 each side) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fgUXmmtEXs"]Renegade Dumbbell Rows[/ame] with 5kg DB
Day 2

Same as Day 1 except with 1x 30x Pull-Ups instead of 1x 30x Chin-Ups

Rest
Plan to have a rest day every 3-4 days.

Question
Am I doing enough stabilising exercises, or will I suffer back problems and whatnot?

If I'm not doing enough, recommend an extra exercise or two for stability :)

Thanks,

Barry_

PS: Was also thinking to throw Military Barbell Presses in. Would you recommend this?

Last edited:
you need to press. military press if you dont have a bench.

its not a mater of "stabilizer" work, using free weights works them anyway.

what routine were you doing b4 this one?? i recommend you do the beginners program;
http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html
tbh the program you just posted seems kind of pointless, 1 set for 3 different exercises wont do much

you can do this without a squat rack, just clean the weight and do front squats (i did this while i saved up money to buy some stands)

all you need is a barbell and some bumpers/plates

Last edited:
you need to press. military press if you dont have a bench.

its not a mater of "stabilizer" work, using free weights works them anyway.

what routine were you doing b4 this one?? i recommend you do the beginners program;
http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html
tbh the program you just posted seems kind of pointless, 1 set for 3 different exercises wont do much

you can do this without a squat rack, just clean the weight and do front squats (i did this while i saved up money to buy some stands)

all you need is a barbell and some bumpers/plates

Well I'm not trying to build-up muscle, just trying to improve general balance.

maybe swap day 2 for yoga, no sh!t. yoga can be as hard and intense as you like.

You know what bradsky, I would of LMFAO at what you posted as close as 2 days ago. But I did a yoga routine yesterday with my Mum, her friend, and my wife as they said I might be surprised. I just wanted to actually do a yoga stretch routine to see how flexible I now am.........well I was shocked to say the least, it was quite difficult. I was also shocked at how easy I could do it from just training with weights lol, no stretch routine besides a few basic stretches to loosen up a bit before I workout.

Would I do yoga again......not a proper routine but there is some tips I gained that I will add to any stretching I do from now on.

TO OP

Mate your routine is terrible, you need to do a full body, strength based, free weight routine to gain overall balance and stability.
Flexibility, mobility, strength and balance are the corner stone to overall health (diet too of course). You can't really focus on one without the others, so have a look at the beginner routine thread and start there. You will gain more general balance by increasing overall strength using free weights guaranteed.

IMO
G

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I fkin hate yoga, I did it once a week for 3 months as part of CoughP90xCough Cough ages ago.... I was hard a fk + it's gay as.

Mmm, I might try that larger routine linked from the first reply.

SLDL == Straight-Legged Dead-Lift, right?

Also, should I add any of the exercises (or modifications, i.e. squat) that I am currently doing to this routine?

hey, i agree with all the others post on this threat,

also you say its a strength program, where exactly did you find it?
ths magical place called "the strength/powerlifting section"
its a sticky thread called 'beginners program' or some shit

ths magical place called "the strength/powerlifting section"
its a sticky thread called 'beginners program' or some shit

is was referring to op's routine that he listed up

EDIT: haha Sorry, i just noticed i quote the wrong post.....