• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Routine change,first cycle advice?

Letsgetserious

Hey guys im new to the forum and seeking some advice.

First of all im 26 years old, have been training for 5 years now and I am about to start my first cycle. TEST E 500mg a week.

I am currently training 3 days a week but with the introduction of AAS i thought id up the intensity a bit.

p.s i am bulking at the moment to around 500 calories over calorie maintenance, i weigh 87 kilos atm. Diet is clean, 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat......... diet constists of mainly Steak,Chicken,tuna, Rice, patatoes,Oats.

Plz give me your thoughts on this routine,

Monday: back,abs

Deadlift x 3 sets
Bent over barbell row x 1
Dumbell rows x 2
Chin ups x 2
Latpulldown x 1
Rope crunch x 2
Leg raise x 1

Wednesday: Chest,triceps

Dumbell or Barbell press x 2
Incline press x 2
Decline press x 2
Dips x 1
Skull crushers x 2
Rope pulldown x 1

Friday legs,calves

Squats x 3
Stiff legged deadlift x 2
Leg extension x 2
Leg curl x 2
Barbell seated calfraise x 2
Single leg calfraise x 2

Saturday: shoulders,biceps,forearms

Dumbell Military press x 2
Barbell Military press x 1
Side laterals x 2
Ez bar bicep curl x 2
Ez bar reverse curl x 2
Farmer walk x 1

If u think its shithouse let me know.

try to get each workout done in as little as 30-50 mins,so Id say its more heavy duty then volume training.

Last edited:
Simply put AAS speeds up,the recovery process so you can train longer and more frequent

fuck yer im pumped as all fuck, ready to run into the gym and start going crazy, as the words of john c reilly in step brothers. IM HERE TO FUCK SHIT UP.

Well thats 30% taken care of, lets see if you have the same enthusiasm for diet and rest / recovery.

How does this refer to your diet?
What are these principles in relation to your diet and on what basis are you going to apply them?

Yes this is a good training routine. Everything is in there. If you don't make progress it will be a diet/hormone/lifestyle problem

How does this refer to your diet?
What are these principles in relation to your diet and on what basis are you going to apply them?

By strict i mean, very consistent with my diet. only the odd cheat meal here and there. stay very conistent with the plan i have in place *eating 500 calories over calorie maintenance* and no drinking or smoking. train hard and give it 100%