• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Text enhance malware

pistachio

Any IT gurus on here?

I'm getting these fucking text enhance boxes popping up on words on websites (they show up like hyperlinked texts)

I've screen captured it for this. The word 'computer' had the thing on it. It shows up on ALL websites and on heaps of words.

How do i get rid of this shit?

fuckingmalware.JPG

3 suggestions for you:

Run malwarebyes (google it) its one of the better malware removing programs. Just download it and install/run it.

May I ask which torrent program you use? Sometimes when you install those, it installs this 'feature' along with it. Under control panel, go to add/remove programs (if using XP) or programs and features (if using win7) and look through the list and uninstall anything you don't recognise

Which web browser do you use? If it's Internet Explorer, check the addons list. Where this is varies a little bit by version, but give this a try. Go to Options then Programs tab, then Manage Addons button. If you see stuff in there you don't recognise right click and disable them.

Give that stuff a go then report back and we can proceed accordingly :)

3 suggestions for you:

Run malwarebyes (google it) its one of the better malware removing programs. Just download it and install/run it.

May I ask which torrent program you use? Sometimes when you install those, it installs this 'feature' along with it. Under control panel, go to add/remove programs (if using XP) or programs and features (if using win7) and look through the list and uninstall anything you don't recognise

Which web browser do you use? If it's Internet Explorer, check the addons list. Where this is varies a little bit by version, but give this a try. Go to Options then Programs tab, then Manage Addons button. If you see stuff in there you don't recognise right click and disable them.

Give that stuff a go then report back and we can proceed accordingly :)

I hate getting anti-malware or anti-spyware stuff cos i'm always worried that THEY are malware or spyware.

You sure that one is alright?

I'm using firefox, and not using any torrents.

malwarebytes is genuinely one of the better ones, i use it with corporate clients. Its good for attacking but not very good for defense, I usually uninstall it after I'm done with it.

In firefox, can you go to Tools->Options and on the General tab theres a button called Manage Addons button then look through the Extenions and Plugins section. Tell me if there's one called "I like this" or "Vuze" or any others you dont recognise there.

I think it was from these codecs i installed. I've removed that now (from the manage add-ons screen) and it seems to be gone.

Cheers mate

I think it was from these codecs i installed. I've removed that now (from the manage add-ons screen) and it seems to be gone.

Cheers mate

Anytime :)

Those things are usually in the manage addons like I said; which is why your AV defense didn't pick it up.

I'm with a small consulting company, we look after small / medium businesses. Our clients are companies that are too small to have their own full time IT guy, but big enough to have their own servers and stuff. Main ones are an engineering firm, private hospital, law firm etc.

I like the variety of dealing with multiple environments, but I dislike my boss's micromanagement.

All depends on what you're into and what you're good at.

I'll give you a hint. Just about every employer in the IT world couldn't care less about quals - they only care about whether you can do stuff or not. Quals can help you prove this, but natural ability and past experiences will count for a lot more.

Had to do a few crap jobs like helpdesk etc
Exaggerated my experience in job interviews and worked my ass off to prove I can do stuff. I still have a very long way to go.

Is your part time work IT related? Even if it was at an ISP or something, will help you a lot when you graduate. No idea what you want to do afterwards?

Do you like developing stuff? Do you think you'll lean more towards that than server admin / network admin type stuff?