• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

skull crushers & soreness

peanutz

hi guys
i get brutal soreness in my tris after these (which is expected), but two days later i get really annoying and sore doms across my upper abs. is this supposed to happen or am i doing it wrong haha

You could be moving your upper arms back as you lower the bar therefore stretching the upper abs just below your ribcage (bit like a pullover) if that's the case then try and keep your upper arm still.
Or you are simply really tensing your abs during the movement and killing two birds with one stone, nothing wrong with that

No problem in my opinion. When I do skull crushers I have the upper arms extended so my elbows are roughly above my forehead rather than vertical. It keeps good tension in the muscle at full contraction as opposed to giving me a rest. It also requires tension through the abs too, similar to what you are describing.

Sounds like you found more indirect ab work. Good girl.
I get same thing from pullups