• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Heart Rate Monitor

kaz

iLift
Interested to see what HRM people are using. I am looking to get one to help track with calories that allows data to be uploaded to Computer.
Was looking at this one
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=84374&ra=true

I have a heart arrhythmia (SVT) and have previously been advised that they won't be accurate for me? Not sure if anyone knows different. My previous HRM would freeze when I had an attack or blow my expended calories up, but it was a cheap one.

If you want top of the line ones, both Garmin and Polar are good. I've got a Polar F11 and it's fine.
Not sure how they handle the arrythmia though. There's not a lot of diff between them all in terms of technology etc.
Which model you want depends on features you want.

I bought this one from Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5H881-Trainer-Digital-Monitor/dp/B000P0TQC8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1332882014&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Timex T5H881 Zone Trainer Digital Heart Rate Monitor: Timex: Watches[/ame]

I'm not sure it will do everything you want, but it suits me fine. Most importantly for me, it has a user replaceable battery.

My advice is to import one from the US - you'll pay about 50% less for the equivalent watch.

The Garmin 405 is the best! I love how it can give me real time feedback on my jogging sessions, and the strapon is very comfortable too. Wireless uplink to my PC as soon as I get home. What more can I ask for?