• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do for a crust?

D1cko

Extra Large Member
What's your occupation/s?
Do you actually enjoy it?
Where were you before this job?
What will you be doing in 3 years time?

Me
What's your occupation/s? Tech Advisor for Controls and Electrical Engineering- Rio Tinto
Do you actually enjoy it? YEP
Where were you before this job? Breakdown Electrician and same port (Dampier)
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Hopefully a similar role, maybe with a better roster

Supermarket Manager
Yep
High School and mowing the lawn for pocket money
Hopefully something fitness industry related. Need to pull my finger out and start enrolling for courses.

Self-employed Consultant and PT blogger (hey, don't judge me!)

Not much anymore although it has its moments where its fun...pays the bills too.

Astrophysicist -> Research Scientist -> CRM/Analytics whizz in biz -> Independent consultant. During this time also ran a biz making cakes etc for special occasions and to cafes. Not anymore. Just blog now.

Who knows? Would be nice to leverage the blog to start a biz around the protein cooking I do. maybe a cafe or books or something. Kitchen beats office anyday. Passionate about health, fitness and nutrition. Not so much about CRM. :p

Good thread D1cko :)

I am a Communications Manager for the government, predominantly in child protection. I run their frontline service delivery teams - call centres, media relations unit, senior police investigations, complaints team etc - 75 staff, a mixture of customer service people, police officers and PR people.

Enjoy the work...am OVER the internal politics, so my answer is NO lol

I was in Canada...Vice President of Client Service for Bell Canada North America (their version of Telstra)

In 3 years.....hmmm I'll definitely be running my own successful business in a completely different industry :)

My mid-life crisis has commenced ;)

I was in sales up until 3 years ago. Good money, great incentives. Had the shits with long hours so enrolled in uni to be a teacher which is something I had always wanted to do, not long left now. Am currently driving buses to pay the bills, easy work, half decent money, lots of overtime. No I won't be here in future, another year and half max until I graduate.

What's your occupation/s?:
Exploration Driller

As much as a job goes, yes.

Student, studying sports and exercise science, qualified PT.

Much the same I imagine.
Pays too well for me to do any other work. and I only have to work 6 months of the year...if that :)

coaltrain, you need to pm with details of this job and assist me in gaining access to industry! I could totally work in the mines, or exploration drilling...or some such masculine line of work. Put her in a hard hat and she's bloke! :D

Plus...working for only 6 months of the year is SO appealing lolol

coaltrain, you need to pm with details of this job and assist me in gaining access to industry! I could totally work in the mines, or exploration drilling...or some such masculine line of work. Put her in a hard hat and she's bloke! :D

Plus...working for only 6 months of the year is SO appealing lolol

lol i admire your optimism, but in my 5 year of working exploration i have never seen a chick doing the job.
too physically demanding...not being sexist, just factual lol.
perhaps look at machine operator roles or field assistant??

oh, and just to rub it in, im going into my third week of chilling at home doing whatever i want and still getting FULL pay :p hehe
should be back to work next week tho, if the weather clears up. ;)

pffft

I officially hate you :D

For many reasons actually...but this one we'll just say, is the straw that broke the camels back ;)
lol

Nawwww whilst I'd love to think I could do it...I know my bro shoulders wouldn't be enough...and I'd want a pink jumpsuit with a zipper down the front...and a hot pink hard hat....totally inconspicuous as a woman in this field? :D

What's your occupation/s? Registered Nurse
Do you actually enjoy it? Most of the time, yes. Some parts of the job are frustrating or just plain gross, but it's interesting.
Where were you before this job? Studying, but before that I wasn't doing much. Didn't know what I wanted to do.. eventually decided to go to uni.
What will you be doing in 3 years time? I'm planning to do more study in mental health nursing but I also like intensive care, so maybe working in either one of those areas. ED would be cool too.

Do you actually enjoy it? Most of the time, yes. Some parts of the job are frustrating or just plain gross, but it's interesting.
Like wiping people's bums??

Lol I always give my nurse mates shit (no pun intended) about that.
All props to you. I couldn't do it. Ever.

Haha yes. If you can't handle piss, poo, vomit, sputum, blood etc then it's not the job for you.

Sam, I applaud you! lol I have 5 family members who are RN's & when I was about 10, I decided I wanted to be a midwife & help deliver babies...I've always loved little ones :) Until my cousin told me all the horrific things that happen & the gross bodily fluids I'd have to be elbow deep in...omg, listening to their stories now, many years later, still makes my eyes waterrrrrrrr lol

Sam, I applaud you! lol I have 5 family members who are RN's & when I was about 10, I decided I wanted to be a midwife & help deliver babies...I've always loved little ones :) Until my cousin told me all the horrific things that happen & the gross bodily fluids I'd have to be elbow deep in...omg, listening to their stories now, many years later, still makes my eyes waterrrrrrrr lol

Gotta change my name.... or this is gonna get annoying lol

What's your occupation/s? Work in management for a health company
Do you actually enjoy it? I LOVE it!
Where were you before this job? Running my own gym
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Hopefully working for the same company in a diff location though

What's your occupation/s? Ministerial Advisor
Do you actually enjoy it? Nope
Where were you before this job? Retail
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Probably still doing something similar. I really need to grow some balls and take a risk on something I enjoy doing.

I went out dancing for a hens night about...6 months ago & was cornered by 5 exploration drillers...I don't think they'd seen a woman in quite some time! I am lucky to be alive today folks...they almost dragged me out of the club by my hair...caveman style lol