• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting home gym

A

azz33

Hey guys new to the forums and looking at getting a home gym.
Got a few things to ask about:
Thinking of getting this power rack deal with the bench, bumper plates and 600kg rated bar off gym direct:

8 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 150kg Bumper Plates

Just wondering how the bumper plates are off gym direct if anyone knows?

Also I'm thinking of getting the 500kg of rubber coated weight plates off gym direct as well:
500kg Rubber coated Olympic Weight Plate_ assorted

Was wondering what you's think of them and how much weight I would really need - there could be 2-3 people training at a time?
I'm also just going to get a couple of sets of Olympic dumbell handles, an adjustable bench and an olympic thrust bearing rated bar - probably all off gym direct for convenience. Might also get a lifting platform for deads and O lifts.
One last question, do you think getting a bench press would be worth it? Having 2 or 3 people training at a time it might save time if someone's squatting in the power rack and another needs a bench press?
Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's a lot of equipment, and weights, for a home gym mate.....but obviously you know your requirements in terms of how much usage it will get.

I can comment on the quality of the olympic rubber coated plates...they're fine mate, I've never had any problems with mine.

For three people working out, it would be sufficient depending on how much they lift.
IMO get the seperate bench set up, unless you feel you can all work in together in harmony lol

Get a decent bar, the muscle motion ones are shit......well there not shit but they aren't great, my wife has one and there is basically no knurl on it.

All other stuff you mentioned is the bomb = I would be jealous of you with that rack LOL.

Welcome to the forum mate
Graeme