• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you rather live in a world without PEDs?

Would you rather live in a world with no PEDs?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

pistachio

Thought this would make an interesting poll. Note I am talking about ALL PEDs. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this stuff. But I'm not just talking juice. Anything to cut up. GH. etc.

Personally, I'd love to see what the world would look like without PEDs. I'd love to see just how many big natty guys are out there (true natties, not ones that claim it).

I'd also love the see what the REAL records in the olympics would be. What sport on TV would really be like without athletes using shit.

I'm not entirely against PED or PED users, but personally I'd find it far more interesting if they didn't exist.

Thoughts?

Yes.

Olympics lost all credibility IMO years ago, I cbf even watching it anymore.

how about I couldn't give a toss as an option.
Some people don't care either way like me.

KungFooGoo can't fully be bothered at the moment typing all his thoughts on the matter but, KungFooGoo thinks in professional sport "PED's" should be 100% legal. Companies and nerd burgers spend millions of dollars engineering new equipment (shoes, speed suits in swimming... anything basically) trying to get the smallest competitive edge. KungFooGoo thinks that science has come so far....

Fuck it, wen't blank. Over it. PED's should be legal and openly talked about it sports. As a spectator KungFooGoo would like to see the best human’s science and engineering has to offer going at it. Everyone loves watching a winner or 'the best' player the faster runner, highest jumper... If Ped's were legal you'd have more of those Athletes to watch, sports would blow up and become more popular.

KungFooGoo's over it.

As a spectator KungFooGoo would like to see the best human’s science and engineering has to offer going at it.

I guess that's the key difference.

I would like to see the best a raw human can achieve. Fuck the science and engineering, leave that shit to technology.

I understand completely why they are used and why they exist, its all about pushing the boundaries that little bit further out.

Basically, how do you know if a new record is an improvement due to a better athlete, or simply an improvement in the drugs or technology?

and having the occasional athlete cark it might make the olympics as popular as MMA :D

only real problems would be dodgy coaches forcing drugs on kids, who have little say in the matter (esp if parents REALLY want them to win)

still, would be nice to have a "clean" olympics/whatever, and then a "Pro" league :D

Basically, how do you know if a new record is an improvement due to a better athlete, or simply an improvement in the drugs or technology?

That's a good point, you can't 100% know anymore in this day and age... Maybe he was on gas, maybe he wasn't... Maybe it's the suit he wore that made him swim faster ( pretty sure swimming disregarded quite a few world records because they thought the suits gave too much of an advantage, Where’s the line on that though? If it takes .01 seconds off your time its okay but if it starts taking off .5 seconds then it illegal? It's all bullshit.)

.... Just realised KungFooGoo can't really articulate what he's trying to say so i'll leave it at that...

It is an opinion.

Your poll is silly because PED's have medicinal uses for diseases etc.

Oh geez Shrek, semantics!!

I thought it was clear from my first post what I was referring to.

I think it is pretty clear that I was not talking about PEDs in the context of medicinal uses.

are diet and training techniques considered technology?

Not how i'd define it. I was talking more about what KFG was going on at, like swim suits etc.

But just in case I wasn't clear enough:

I don't care if people choose to use PEDs or if they are used in sports. It is the world as we live, so you accept it.

My question is:

IF YOU COULD LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE PEDs WEREN'T AN OPTION (IE ALL SPORTS PEOPLE ETC HAD TO RELY ON THEIR OWN NATURAL ABILITY, TRAINING, HARD WORK, DIET ETC), WOULD YOU?

Personally I'd love it. Most people when they see someone big and cut assume juice or other PEDs. This way, you'd know for sure. And you'd be a lot more impressed.

And I'd be curious to see how much smaller everyone would be. I reckon big/cut guys would be a rare sight...

so using technology to micromanage nutrient requirements etc (like TDF kids do now) is ok, but equipment, and stuff like drawing blood to put back in later = nogo?

i'm half/half abotu the blood thing.. is not like it's actual drugs.. but does give above natural amount of blood cells (leading to heart attacks)... not sure on the % benefit vs high altitude training tho?

That's a good point, you can't 100% know anymore in this day and age... Maybe he was on gas, maybe he wasn't... Maybe it's the suit he wore that made him swim faster ( pretty sure swimming disregarded quite a few world records because they thought the suits gave too much of an advantage, Where’s the line on that though? If it takes .01 seconds off your time its okay but if it starts taking off .5 seconds then it illegal? It's all bullshit.)

.... Just realised KungFooGoo can't really articulate what he's trying to say so i'll leave it at that...

Personally in terms of stuff like olympics, it would be far more impressive if everyone was on a level playing field.

ie Barefoot for running. Or just speedos for swimming.

Bet you wouldn't see records get broken very often. And when you DID, you'd know you just witnessed something special.

And I'd be curious to see how much smaller everyone would be. I reckon big/cut guys would be a rare sight...

NFL mainly would turn to shit.... How many 21 year olds who are 6'6 265 pounds and 10% bf would there be? Fuck all. The game would be sooo much different. Instead of monsters running into each other it would be these 84kg guys pransing around twisting and turning avoiding any contact instead of head first takling people... KungFooGoo's not a big fan of NFL but he wouldn't watch NFL if that did happen.

Personally in terms of stuff like olympics, it would be far more impressive if everyone was on a level playing field.

ie Barefoot for running. Or just speedos for swimming.

Bet you wouldn't see records get broken very often. And when you DID, you'd know you just witnessed something special.

Agree with that, KungFooGoo really does "but" it would get to that point if they did allow PED's openly in sports. e.g Bolt run the 100 in... say sub 9 seconds while using PED's and that record stands for a while because even on PED's nobody can hit that number then some guy 10-15 years later breaks that record... It would be equally impressive l would think and you'd be seeing a faster athlete.

Agree with that, KungFooGoo really does "but" it would get to that point if they did allow PED's openly in sports. e.g Bolt run the 100 in... say sub 9 seconds while using PED's and that record stands for a while because even on PED's nobody can hit that number then some guy 10-15 years later breaks that record... It would be equally impressive l would think and you'd be seeing a faster athlete.

Ah but that is just the point.

In 10-15 years, technology has improved further. Better drugs, better shoes etc.

How do you know he got beat, or they just got better drugs???

Ah but that is just the point.

In 10-15 years, technology has improved further. Better drugs, better shoes etc.

How do you know he got beat, or they just got better drugs???

Yeah, good point. KungFooGoo's out. Still think they should be allowed. There's no way to 100% take PED's out of all sports.

Think we shall agree to disagree on this one though.

Look at Westsides athletes. Check out what they were all squatting when they were just using freeweights. Now check out their squats when they were using chains, bands and better suits.

Bigger than the difference between natural and enhanced athletes