• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fatherhood

PowerBuilder

are there any Dad's around these here parts that would be up for a bit of a chat, possible via PM ?

The bird's looking at having another baby (my first one). I"m not sure if I'm up to the challenge.

Aww I'd love another baby!!

How exciting!

I am mother & father to my little fairy child & what I can say for sure is, you're never really 'ready'.

Creating a life & bringing a new little person into the world, changes you completely. In good ways, bad ways & the most profoundly beautiful ways :)

Awesome stuff mate. It's not as scary or as hard as you would think. ,its actually the best thing in the world, someone to teach, guide and be your best mate at the same time. Really makes my day when I open the door after a long day and the little fella comes running to the door telling me something all excited.
Any questions just feel free to fire away mate.

It's the best feeling in the world IMO. I don't think that you are ever really ready but when it happens you can not even imagine not having them

I am in a bit of a weird spot. She currently has 2 kids (twins aged 5) whom I am totally crazy about...they also really love me. I have a very unique relationship with them. So in a way I understand how rewarding being a dad is, tho I'm a step dad.

I'm juz not sure if I'm up for a challenge of a full time child. We have the kids come over once a fortnight...which means that on the opposite weekends...we miss them...as well as do other stuff. Introducing a child would be a total life style change, obviously for me. Is that selfish?

Yeah even when they give you the shits they're still awesome. Took my girl for her swimming lesson today, first time since starting new job in August and it was great fun.

Just remember everyone else is winging it too. I always thought Dad knew everything and now I let my kids believe the same thing.

Now I can jump on the trampoline and play Lego and claim it's for them.

Pete? How old are you?

And no, you're not selfish. Having a child full time, changes your world. That is definitely true lol

Ooooo birthday soon!

Well 29 is a good age to be a Daddy :)

I was 28 when I became a Mummy...wasn't ready. Unprepared & terrified...but I have raised a beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, open minded & free spirited, imaginative little girl.

Having a dialogue about it is good.

What a lovely time in life!

Man I'm old lol

ive got two boys both birthdays soon, 5 and 1. one of the best days in my life was when my 4 year old jumped up on a chair infront of 100s of people and started posing down with kai greene.best moment ever wouldnt change it ever :)

Introducing a child would be a total life style change, obviously for me. Is that selfish?

It's not selfish - we all go through the same thoughts as we consider giving up hobbies, putting money aside for costs, having our time taken over etc. It's a big change - no two ways about it.

But, once they are in your life, and all those things happen, you couldn't consider life without them in it. And the other things don't matter as much anymore.... You get to come back to them later on.

I can't think of too many people who've had kids and regretted doing so. They're awesome, they will become the number one most important and treasured thing in your life.

You'll have a blast mate...there is obviously work involved, but it never seems to feel like work if u know what I mean. They are so much fun, especially once they can walk and talk.

When you have kids you understand your parents better, I now know why my mother was a worry wort, and why Dad set firm ground rules for everything I was allowed to do.

Ahhhhh kids, you could kill em sometimes, yet they are what you live for...go figure ;)

If you can afford to have another child in your life mate, I say go for it, especially your own....pass on the gene pool mate, and learn to worry like you thought you could never worry about anything LOL, precious little things they are.

Agree with everything that has been stated, kids are an overwhelming rollacosta of emnotions, mostly good..

Yes they will take lots of time, money, and they will really change and test your relationship.. couple time disapears a lot, becomes a tad more rushed, family time is pretty cool but.

Its a big step, a BIG commitment, I am a tad old fasioned, and did the marriage thing first, commit to the women, then commit to a family, to me makes sence. Obviously she thinks you are worth keeping around, So if you are planing on hangin around for the next 20 years or so, go for it

hang on and enjoy the ride...

Kids are nothing but a pain in the ass you can't take them anywhere without them causing a scene lol go for it mate life is a hell of a lot better with kids mine is 4 yrs old he is the best

Having kids is a massive change and honestly I sometimes still struggle massively with not having the freedoms I used to and my little fella is 2.5 now, I found I was just bored of him for the first 18mths as there isnt much interaction but now I can interact with him it is much easier for me and we have some awesome fun times, looking forward to being able to take him to the local Footy this year.

If you are awesome...why wouldn't you want another one of you running around???
Just do it