• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Myers Briggs personality types

canned tuna

Putting aside natural scepticism and cynicism, Im pretty intrigued by this type of evaluation

Anyone know what profile they are?

There are, according to this, 16 different types of personalities.
Traits or dichotomies are as follows... Introverted/extroverted, Sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving. Obviously some traits are more developed than others hence we all (think we) are unique

Im supposedly an INTP with various recessive dichotomies developed well

Fascinating

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I quite like the model. When I was working in advertising and brand promotion we used it a lot when it came to defining our target market.
There are better working models tho.

I am skeptical when it comes to categorically asserting whether i'm one or the other. I can see glimpses of all of it, depending on the time in my life or situation.

I am both extroverted, and introverted.. etc.

Looking at it through a 'set theory' mindset....it should br obvious that very few people would belong fully to one 'set' but would result in more than 1 set. Though the degrees of involvement or commitment would vary.

I'm INTP, too. Also, the scores put on a continuum, so you see how strong a tendency you have. I'm mild I, strong NT, mild P.
The fact that we represent about 13% of the population (NT temperaments) explains why we often are made (by SJs, and SPs) to feel that we are weird.
Once I understood this, I could accept and embrace my weirdness, and not feel the need to be more like those other types.
It also gives you some insight on who to choose when building a team.

Used in its proper context, it's a useful tool. It should not be used as a way of pigeon-holing people.

All the MB does is look for a person's preferential leanings most of the time.
We all have elements of each of them, but situationally we lean towards certain ones more than others - much of the time (not necessarily always).

Plus over time, a person can change their MB type quite a bit and if you do the test in the context of your work life you may come out as a slightly different type than if you were to respond to the questions in the context of your personal life. Most of us have "work personas".

Every time I've been tested I've come out as a perfect score on N and P but I've always been close on I and E and T and F, although in my work context I'm more E (personal more I) and have changed over time to be a more definite T (I'm now an ENTP or INTP occasionally).

It should never be used in isolation but it's quite interesting to see how team dynamics and meeting dynamics in workplaces are affected by different mixes of MB types.

Doesnt the personality type change over time depending on major events thats happened and on life experience? Someone who is an E as a little kid may turn into an I after being abused by his Dad throughout his teens. Something like that.

Doesnt the personality type change over time depending on major events thats happened and on life experience? Someone who is an E as a little kid may turn into an I after being abused by his Dad throughout his teens. Something like that.

yes, although it doesn't have to be due to something traumatic.
I credit my I to E shift in the work context to simply having to develop certain skills and ways of operating during my "career". The MB doesn't really define character so we change MB types slightly as we accumulate life experience.
Traumatic events would certainly be catalysts for dramatic changes. You'd expect anything else to result mostly in subtle shifts.