• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ironedge Squat Stands

mojo

Just wondering if anyone is using the ironedge squat stands for benching. From what i can tell they are too high and possibly unstable as they are not fixed to the ground.

Does anyone use squat stands to bench?

I used the force USA squat stands to bench. Just awkward, and they don't have a good range of height selections to set the bar height right..... bought a squat rack instead....

I do, but I made a slight modification to them. Works great and was cheap to do.

I have the older version of the IE stands, but the principle is the same.

Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea

Bench and modified stands copy.jpg
Bench press mod copy.jpg

I went this way as sometimes we need to move the stands out of the way to ge another car in the shed, a full rack would need a place of its own really.

EDIT: If I had the room, I would buy a full rack such as the Muscle Motion commercial or a single cell Matrix from IE.
I also like the Assault rack from IE, I like that it is a bit less obtrusive and movable than a full rack but has all the same benefits.

Last edited:
I used the force USA squat stands to bench. Just awkward, and they don't have a good range of height selections to set the bar height right..... bought a squat rack instead....

What do you mean?? I have these stands and there are holes every inch to set the bar anywhere. They are great for everything.

What do you mean?? I have these stands and there are holes every inch to set the bar anywhere. They are great for everything.

With the actual top rack lowered completely, it was too high to unrack the bar. To use the safety's to unrack, it was too low plus I didn't have the assurance of safety's when benching. I hated benching off these.

With the actual top rack lowered completely, it was too high to unrack the bar. To use the safety's to unrack, it was too low plus I didn't have the assurance of safety's when benching. I hated benching off these.

You must have something different cause I can adjust the height all the way from my head down to my toes at 1 inch intervals. So even floor pressing you can still use the catches to rest the bar on.

I do, but I made a slight modification to them. Works great and was cheap to do.

I have the older version of the IE stands, but the principle is the same.

I went this way as sometimes we need to move the stands out of the way to ge another car in the shed, a full rack would need a place of its own really.

Hey, I like the look of your set-up. I have a similar issue, as I want gear to use at home, but at the moment I'm living back at my parents' house and I don't want to take up all their garage space with a power rack etc.

Do you have a training partner to spot you, or do you have some other spotting stands that you use?

You must have something different cause I can adjust the height all the way from my head down to my toes at 1 inch intervals. So even floor pressing you can still use the catches to rest the bar on.

You're forgetting she's 3'11