• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

diagonal chinup bar

fqqs

i have sth like this

underhand-chin-up-20s-workout-07102011.jpg

do you think these are more like chins or pullups? and they hit lats or biceps harder? and do you think thumbless grip could be good on them?

Last edited:
neither

Neutral grip aka semi supinated

Good if you have shoulder issues, since grip like that forces more lat involvement. I did them like that when I had injured shoulders.

neither

Neutral grip aka semi supinated

Good if you have shoulder issues, since grip like that forces more lat involvement. I did them like that when I had injured shoulders.

great. since i do weighted chins mainly for lats ; )

If your aim is to work the lats and back more I'd be using a wider overhand grip ( pullups) since the underhand grip ( chins) as in the pic will give the biceps more involvement

Last edited:
If your aim is to work the lats and back more I'd be using a wider overhand grip ( pullups) since the underhand grip ( chins) as in the pic will give the biceps more involvement

but ive seen EMG studies and chins had only slightly less lat involvement, like 5% less..

and i really dont like wide grip pullups since they stress my joints badly. i ampretty strong on them though

I don't take EMG readings while I do pullups, I just know which works my back better when doing them and I know that pullups are harder than chins because my biceps are less involved.